Will there ever be another superman cartoon?

Sorry I was mistaken, turns it ended on Feb 12, 2000. So it 20 years ago, but wow. It ended before I was even born :superman_hv_2:

2 Likes

Now you are really rubbing the age thing in :joy:

2 Likes

I was thinking about how I saw one of the last comics for the show when I stopped at the shop on my way to meet some people for drinks. This would’ve been around Christmas 2001. I imagine the show ended before the comic. @American-Alien it sounds like I’m older than your parents. Yay!

3 Likes

It just shocks me how despite the show already being over they still did reruns on jetix.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised, Christmas of 2001? I was just a baby…

1 Like

While we wait for the next, inevitable Superman-focused show, have you seen any of his animated series that came along prior to STAS?

The Ruby Spears Superman show from 1988 is a ton of fun, and more or less takes place in the Christopher Reeve universe.

The New Adventures of Superman is a lot of fun as well and overflowing with Silver Age goodness (which makes sense, as those comics were current when the show was in production).

The absolute best example of Superman in animation is the Fleischer Studios shorts. Produced well over 70 years ago, they endure to this day for good reason.

These are all great shows (theatrical shorts in the case of the Fleischer’s output) that you can bide your time with as we wait for what will be Superman’s next animated, solo/franchise specific TV outing.

If you’ve already seen these, it’s always fun to revisit them, especially the Ruby Spears series. That one is extra super. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

I certainly hope so!:grinning: It would be great to see a new animated series of Superman. Maybe they can do a story arc like Young Justice does.

4 Likes

I would love a new Superman cartoon. It’s a character I’ll never get tired of seeing.

And there’s a lot of material from the last twenty or so years to make some really interesting stories.

4 Likes

I’m not really interested in watching in those shows…at least not yet.

1 Like

Love Supes. But WW is overdue for an animated series…?

4 Likes

Justice league action is one show I would love to binge but no way to easily do it

i want to see a red hood animated series