Will There Be a Reboot of the DC Animated Universe?

After the end of the New 52 era with the Flash doing another flashpoint, will there be a reboot of DC animated universe based on the Rebirth continuity?

5 Likes

It’s impossible to say at this point! But right now, it looks like this is the end of the “shared contuity” experiment, and we’ll be getting more individual animated films like we did before Flashpoint Paradox. Personally I think that’s a good thing.

6 Likes

I enjoyed the shared universe. There weren’t many cases where you HAD to have seen all the previous movies to get the story. It was the right amount of continuity for me.

6 Likes

I guess we’ll see what Superman: Man of Tomorrow gives us. Will it be a stand alone or will it set up future movies? The fun is finding out which.

2 Likes

The New 52\post-Flashpoint continuity and the “Rebirth continuity” are the same thing; Rebirth simply starts to blend in events and characters from the pre-New 52\Flashpoint continuity.

1 Like

The can do some films that aren’t specifically elseworlds and don’t break continuity of other films and put them in a shared continuity at some point if they wanted. Although I don’t think they have or need to do that. Do the movies they want to do and the continuity chips will fall where they fall.

2 Likes

My idea would be reboot it and do like the last set of movies did. Take story lines from different times and bring them to present day. The difference though is to flush out more than just Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
Make a Aquaman solo animated movie based on one of his story arcs. Make the Flash War movie. Make Sinestro Corps War. Mix in a few Justice League movies to show that they all connect as well.
Have the big 2 part movie like Death of Superman and Rise of the Supermen was be Blackest Night and Brightest Day.

1 Like

Sometimes movies have use too many stories though

1 Like

I just want some animated or live-action adaptation of the Blackest Night event, I’ve been wanting it for years

4 Likes

I humbly disagree.

Part of me hopes that DC does another shared universe for their animated movies, just not based on rebirth or anything. But I’m also kinda hoping they don’t because I don’t want more instances where they change and/or ruin stories centering them around who they’re pushing at the time - which is all this shared universe was. I would like some more faithful adaptions and more originals, just hoping that they stop revolving around the same 3-5 characters they have been (especially Damian :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:) and give some other favorites a go.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity. Why?

I liked the shared universe idea. I agree that some storylines like Red Son can be cool. But I would love to see a shared universe like Rebirth. Having a continuous universe is interesting because you get to see character growth over a long period of time. Instead of just having a bunch of One-and-Done movies. Which, as I said, are cool. But you don’t have enough time to connect to all the characters like you would with multiple movies about that character.

3 Likes

@munozjosue087.81052 I hope so there is no information out from DC animation at this time. I do think it would be the logical way forward because Rebirth has some really awesome stories going on that would make great movies. All we can do is hope.

1 Like

Personally, I enjoyed both a continuing story arc/shared universe and stand-alone movies like Gotham by Gaslight. I would guess that the new movies will follow a similar format: a shared arc will emerge but some stand-alone tales will also show up.

I am still a huge fan of the Timm-verss and would love to see some more stories from that universe of stories and characters.

I have also enjoyed a lot of the DC shorts that have been released and would like to see a kind of anthology series featuring many different characters who may not get their own feature or series get some time in the limelight.

3 Likes

I hope so

1 Like

in what way?

1 Like

I just wish that when they were doing adaptations from the comics they weren’t forced to fit into this continuity. Especially the Judas Contract. I would’ve liked to see something that more reflected the original comics. I believe a new continuity is coming though.

2 Likes