đŸ’„ đŸ± WildC.A.T.S (2022-2023) Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) đŸ± đŸ’„

Thanks!

3 Likes

In the words of Green Arrow as seen on Justice League Unlimited, “Hey, thank you!”

SN: Green Arrow is in WildC.A.T.S #1.

3 Likes

If you’ve never ever ever read a single WildCATS thing in your life, can you start with issue #1?

3 Likes

Wildstorm has lots of obscure characters and I just consult dc wiki and comicvine as needed. Recently, Comicvine was able to identify Zor (golden age villain of Spectre), whereas dc wiki was not able to identify Zor. Both dc wiki and comicvine are usually quite reliable.

2 Likes

I wish that DC Wiki was a well set up as Wookiepeeda

2 Likes

You certainly can. #1 was very new-reader friendly in that it sets up the basic gist of the overarching plot in a way that is a simple and to the point refresh for established fans, while also being a “Okay, I see how this works, I’m in.” entry point for the newbies.

SN: Watch an episode or two of the WildC.A.T.S TV series. It doesn’t enhance the current volume by any means, but it is a fun show and will serve as a further point of introduction for assorted characters.

SN 2: Get Spawn/WildC.A.T.S and while reading it, flip between episodes of Spawn and WildC.A.T.S. :wink:

3 Likes

What about the Wildcats big anthology thingy they did? Would that be helpful or confusing?

2 Likes

This? :point_down:t2:

If that’s what you’re referring to, you can easily get into it (in fact, it might spur your interest in other WildStorm properties as well).

1 Like

Great! I shall try to keep that in mind!

2 Likes

You must read WildC.A.T.S (regardless of volume), you must!

1 Like

Amanda Waller is a featured name in DC news lately, given her upcoming TV series.

If you’re looking for an upcoming comic series that features The Wall, look no further than the March-debuting Waller vs. WildStorm!

SN: I love how the Image (where WildStorm originated, for any unaware) logo was worked into the Eric Battle variant for Waller vs. WildStorm #1:

In other news, WildC.A.T.S #4 hits the physical and digital stands on February 14th (a wild Valentine’s Day gift, indeed):

Main/A cover, by Stephen Segovia.

B cover, by David Talaski.

WildStorm’s best team will be taking part in this year’s International Women’s Day celebration, via the Rebekah Issacs and Carrie Strachan variant for WildC.A.T.S #5:

Ladytron, Voodoo, Zealot and Fairchild
talk about ass-kickers galore!

Finally, WildC.A.T.S #3 is available in the DCUI library for Ultra members:

If you’re a fan of the Seven Soldiers of Victory and want to see an entirely new iteration of the team, WildC.A.T.S #3 is definitely worth your time.

2 Likes

Giving this one a bump-a-reeno for @Chain_Twix and any other fans who might want to check out Zealot’s pre-BOP adventures in modern continuity.

Here’s some eye candy also:

2 Likes

I’ll pop in and add most of this run I’ve read though DC library but I do have copies of 2,3 and the woman’s day special variant of 5. I think I still need to read 11 to 14? I don’t know What the current series issue is at.

2 Likes

#12, which is also the mag’s final issue.

I put WildC.A.T.S on the backburner for a bit, so I need to catch up with it. I believe my last issue was

Pops open his head, then scratches his mental sponge/brain in thought for a moment, ala Dr. Finkelstein in The Nightmare Before Christmas. He then proceeds to close his head.

#5. Yes, 'twas “Beauty killed the beast.” #5 I left off at.

1 Like

oh nice! I’m not that far behind then

1 Like

You’re probably further ahead than I am. :wink:

2 Likes

picked up the last issue this week

while I didn’t feel like they would be able to wrap up this on only 1 issue they figured it out. Canary makes a special appearance and still thinking this has something to do with Z being in BOP. Cole made the ultimate sacrifice, as always.

@Vroom this was a very crazy ride and overall solid run in my newly comic book nerd opinion. I love her modern looks a lot more than her 90s looks but I do plan on going back and reading the Ogs. I hope there is a future of more Z somewhere.

2 Likes

Hot dog! :partying_face: I’m glad you dug the wild ride! I’m sure I’ll enjoy it as much too, once I find time to resume from where I left off.

On one hand I do too, but on the other
she was showin’ a lot of leg in the '90s. :heart_eyes_cat:

Yes, immerse yourself in the fun and slightly over-the-top ride that was '90s WildStorm. You’ll find your favorite things in life are just a touch better, once you add more WildStorm to the proceedings.

At least
that’s been my experience, so far.

Likewise.

Given that the current volume of BOP is seemingly well-received, I’d love to see Zannah get a solo spin-off from it.

2 Likes