Why is Martian the Manhunter the best superhero

He has all the powers of superman and them more.
Weaknesses doesn’t have them. I mean sure he is scared for life so everytime he sees fire I breaks down, but he has overcome it many times. Then atticted to cookies I mean a stoner joke maybe

1 Like

Yea, and the weakness to fire is mostly psychosomatic I’m pretty sure. It’s all in his head. Might be wrong about that, but Martian Manhunter is without a doubt one of the strongest superheroes DC has to offer.

2 Likes

He does not have the powers of superman lol calm down. Supes strength is unparalleled, his flight speed is unmatched, jonn doesn’t have heat vision or freeze breath, and depending on what version of superman you’re talking about, he can’t match superman on a lot of things. JJ has his strengths, but he’s no superman.

His intangibility and mind reading make him better than Superman. Those are great powers. I think Superman would give up super breath and heat vision for intangibility and mind reading.

1 Like

Quoth DC Database:

“Super-Breath: The inner valves and chambers inside the Martian Manhunter’s air canals are very dense and greatly enhanced, allowing him to, much like Superman, create strong hurricane force winds just by exhaling pressurized air from his lungs in an incredibly strong burst.”

And…

“Martian Vision: The actual nature of this power seems to vary depending on the reports. It has been seen to be a bolt of force, directed by the Manhunter’s eyes causing considerable damage. It has also been seen to cause flammable objects to catch fire. It also grants J’onn the ability to see into other spectrums of light. J’onn can use his Martian vision to see people and objects that are invisible to others. For example, upon their first meeting, J’onn’s power allowed him to see past Gypsy’s metahuman camouflage ability; other effects are, at present, unknown.”

1 Like

Plus he has the confidence to wear briefs and a cape

2 Likes

Y’all are stupid if you think MM can beat supes in a fight. No way. Supes is at least 3 times faster than him in every category, (speed, agility, hand eye coordination, reaction time). Supes would fly circles around him. Y’all must of not read silver age comics much. Im old school, i guess i like the OG characters more, i dunno. Everyone has they’re opinions. I rest my case. Lex can beat em all lol

2 Likes

@Lexcorp
MM is a silver age character, actually first seen in 55 which predates Silver Age by about a year. He’s pretty OG.

MM can become intangible, Superman can’t touch him, MM flies off into space, finds Gold Kryptonite and Superman is toast. However, MM is far to nice to do that. Superman should be grateful he still has powers.

1 Like

All supes has to do is put a drop of magnesium in MM soda and the dude qill be burning for weeks, at least mentally.

Will*

And there’s plenty of ways around intangibility

J’onn wins. Unless Clark has Chocos.

1 Like

@Lexcorp
The magnesium argument is inherently unfair. If you’re assuming that Superman is assassinating Martian Manhunter that would be a valid argument, but you could say the same thing the other way. Martian Manhunter just gets some Kryptonite and slips it into Superman’s Superdrink. The only way to present this as a fair fight is if they are both in an arena at full power fighting each other. If that were to happen, Martian Manhunter would probably use psychic attacks that Superman wouldn’t have any defense for.

@tornadosoup hahaha i died reading that, clarks gonna have a semi load of chocos, when jonn walks in, he closes the doors and lights it on fire lol thats messed up. Y’all stop hating supes okay? Good? Cool. There’s a reason he’s the leader of JL and theres a reason everyone’s scared of him if he was to turn like injustice. Peace. Im gonna go eat some oreos now, closest thing i got to chocos. Lex still rules all of you pompous senile toads. Im out!

Martian manhunter is really underrated he’s my favorite justice league member he needs major attention and a really good solo run