Why is Martian Manhunter so useless on Supergirl????

Seriously, why is he always losing in these battles? It seems he’s constantly getting knocked out, caught off guard, or just avoiding the conflict altogether to do some lame sideline thing like, “watch the monitors” in case the bad guy shows up​:joy::joy: With his powers and awesome strength he should be one of the best fighters on that show…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Because the show primarily revolves around women kicking ass instead of just the men. Also, because the character’s appearance and powers, have to be created using SFX, they use him sparingly to avoid going over budget.

3 Likes

clearly, you don’t watch the show or understand the nature of J’onn J’onzz-- the epitome of ‘speak softly and carry a big stick’: using caution and non-aggression backed up by the ability to carry out violent action when required

2 Likes

@manifest Wow, u went straight for the “I don’t know anything about the show or the character” remark.:joy::joy: Sorry if I’ve struck a nerve. I very much understand this character’s peaceful nature, but c’mon!! He is always getting overpowered in the fight scenes and he’s one of the strongest characters on the show and has the coolest powers. I guess we’ll just disagree on how this awesome character is portrayed…

@Truth of Pisces Yeah I certainly enjoy seeing the females kickass, but I personally think MM is way underutilized. I’m glad he’s there at least

1 Like

no, what I ‘went for’ is the description of his portrayal as useless, losing, and lame …

the dude is an anchor of strength and empathy who can tear Indigo in half and catch a falling Supergirl … wherever the idea he’s always on the backfoot comes from is beyond me

2 Likes

It’s because they only want Girl superheroes being kickass and powerful. And all the men are either useless or constantly need saving. I was once happy Martian Manhunter was finally being portrayed (done right) in live action. Now i kinda wish they had either saved him for another show, give him his own series or bring him in the movies. Anything would be better for him at this point.

1 Like

It’s because it’s Supergirl’s show so if MM was at full strength he would steal the show

1 Like

Cgi is expensive, and we all want to see a justice league the animated series version of him, but we can get that now, maybe in a couple of years when cgi is cheaper. Is been an improvement since justice league of america pilot. I wish they retconed red tornado, to bring him back, no humanoid face though