Why Is Batman One of the Best Heroes and an Even Better Man?

Here’s one hell of an important question: why is Batman one of the best heroes and why is he an even better man?

For me, it’s like this: He pulls on the mask and he’s no longer Bruce Wayne; he’s now Batman and he can’t afford to show his fear or his uncertainty. It’s what allows him to face Gods and Demons without even flinching. All he can do his channel his rage and skills into protecting the innocent.

8 Likes

Because he’s Batman

11 Likes

I get it, but I was hoping for a more… detailed answer.

4 Likes

Okay.

Because he’s the Batman

9 Likes

:expressionless:

6 Likes

And by that I mean he pulls more $$$ into DC/ WBD than all the other properties put together. So his fans want to see him look good against everyone else. He must beat everyone else, look cooler than everyone else and all others must pay homage or Batman’s fans will riot.

See also Wolverine.

9 Likes

Okay, I know he’s rich, but that’s not all it is. Bruce had no money, no hi-tech weapons, not even a full Batsuit in Future State, yet he was still a very real threat.

4 Likes

Read the words below the I’m rich picture.

Back in the day it was Superman. When you are featured in 8 out of the best 11 selling comics on the stands, everyone defers to you.

8 Likes

Okay, I meant as a character in DC’s comics, not as a character DC uses to generate profit. I want to know why he is considered a bigger threat then people like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash.

5 Likes

Because he’s Batman.

7 Likes

And I gave you the answer, editorial fiat. There’s no logical explanation in story.

In short, “He’s Batman.”

9 Likes

There’s this part in Paradise Lost (and I’m probably going to misremember it a bit) where Satan is battling an angel, but Satan loses every time. The reason for this is that God creates the rules of the universe, so, because God opposes Satan and favors the angel, there is no way Satan can win no matter how mighty or clever he is.

That is why Batman is so “powerful.” Because the rules of the DC Universe favor him based on how much money he brings into the brand, he cannot lose. “God” is on his side.

Also… He’s Batman.

8 Likes

The perfect response.

9 Likes

Here’s your “official” answer.

The very pain that propelled him to become Batman in the first place, is also motivating him to become a perfectionist. He HAS TO be better than everybody in order to save little Bruce Wayne over and over again.

7 Likes

I just realized that you and I were basically saying the same thing. :joy:

5 Likes

I say it’s three things:

His willpower. Overcoming impossible odds and enduring against things that would break most people. physically or psychologically.

His use of fear. Improved throughout the years both as a intimidation factor against villains, but also as a characteristic of his identity as Batman. Scares even his most powerful allies.

But most importantly…

It’s because he’s the ■■■■■■■ Batman.

6 Likes

Because he has no power, and knows alot of fighting moves, and he’s a great Detective, much like Sherlock Holmes.
Also he has so many great villains that he has to deal with.
And if he needs help, he got alot of good sidekick to help him out.
I really can’t find anything bad about him… :chill:
:roll_eyes: Ok so he has one terrible movie, beside that, for 84 years his adventures still continues and he doesn’t seem like he’ll be slowing down anytime soon. :batparrot:

:batman:

7 Likes

Not sure if being very smart can be considered a power. Using technology does increase powers a lot. For example, even Jim Gordon can become very powerful inside a bat armor. With technology, lex luthor is powerful enough to fight superman.

7 Likes

bump.

1 Like

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that, unlike many heroes, Batman was born out of trauma, namely his parents’ murders. That trauma propelled him to become the best person he can be. He trained for years and used his fortune to create gadgets to assist him in crimefighting. Even his moral code is affected by his trauma. At least in most interpretations of the characters (and I know there are exceptions), he won’t use guns because that’s how his parents were killed. He has a code against killing. In the end, I think Batman is one of the best heroes out there because he holds himself to a higher standard than most.

3 Likes