Why give us the publication dates if we can't sort by them?

I was trying to do a NEW 52 reading list and found that I could not sort by publication date. I would like to read them in that order, but that will be no small task.

You have the pub date in the details, why not have a way to sort by publication date from oldest to recent or recent to oldest?

It’s been a year now and the comics section is still lacking compared to Marvel Unlimted. With that service, I can pull up a whole year or a certain month in a certain year. That is just one of the way to filter the entire catalog.

When I put comics into my library, they can be sorted by Published Date or Added to MU and of course A-Z.

I really want to keep supporting this by signing up for another year. I love the fact that new comics are put up a year after Pub Date and that you keep adding classics. Trying to put all these into any kind of reading order makes that very difficult!

11 Likes

I would love this feature! I love using it on the Marvel Unlimited app by selecting a certain month/year from back when I was a kid and reading everything that came out at that time. You may want to make a post about this over in the Suggestion Box.

I’m thinking this request is a lost cause. We’ve all been asking for this option for over a year (I requested this ability last year as well), yet here we are…still waiting for the ability to sort our lists by Publication Date. Hey DC, what say you?

I too would like this feature.

That would be a great addition!

Yes, please add the ability to sort by date!!

I stepped away from comic books for years. When Infinite came out, I thought it was a good time to get back in. But, I can’t sort by publication date so I don’t know where to start! Huge waste of money of I can’t even find which order to read things. I’m not renewing my subscription unless they add this feature

1 Like

Hey @lcplgans.29310, welcome to the community and I apologize for the confusion on reading orders. Thank you for the feedback on sorting by publication date; our team is aware this is a highly-requested feature and while we, unfortunately, can’t give you an ETA on when you can expect this to be added, please rest assured that I’ll be forwarding your request to them.

In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you have any further suggestions for the DCUI platform. We also have several community members that have compiled recommended orders for certain comics, so I encourage you to take a look around using the search bar or start a thread of your own if you have any specific events / heroes you want to dive into. :slight_smile:

Same answer they always give. As you can see, I started this thread in 2019.
They made some upgrades, but not much.
It’s tedious, but you just have to use a reding list online and have a go at it that way.
Marvel Unlimited screwed us too with easy reading order by Pub Date.
They fixed it a bit, but DCUI is by far the worst, especially if you’re trying to read older comics. DCUI doesn’t have as many comics as MU.

1 Like

This is my number 1 request.

This has been my number one request since day 1. Not only to be able to search easily by publication date, but also be able to put your library comics you want to read in order by publication date. I like to read them like I used to do my pull list every week.

MU used to have this, and they changed for whatever reason. DCI has never had this feature, and by the response of the moderator, it never will.

I just have to bounce from reading list to DCI app if I want to read stuff in a certain way.

1 Like