Why do you think the DC Universe Streaming Service is working so well?

Hello! I created this thread because I was pondering over a few questions. I want to hear why this app is doing so well. I’m just surprised and impressed how this app is so well done. Not too long ago Warner Bros was making crappy movies that got you depressed. Now, they created a humble little app that allows you to read some of the best comic books, TV shows, and movies. What I’m really surprised about, though, is the fact that their shows are based on some of the less popular heroes. I REALLY love what they did with Doom Patrol, using a comic group that on a few hundred people read and nobody would remember and turning it into a beautiful show packed with emotion and plot. I’m really looking forward to the progression of this app. Let me know what you guys think below!

3 Likes

Because they’re putting their hearts and souls into it. It’s sucks what happened with Swamp Thing, but thats life. This service is still top notch.

3 Likes

While we would love more original shows, taking your time and doing them right is the better strategy. Some of the early Netflix originals were not very good. Remember Lillehammer?

1 Like

Contradictory to popular belief, DC has great characters and a rich history of stories. For that reason, it makes sense that this app is doing well. I don’t even think it’s that surprising.

4 Likes

All excellent answers and I agree y’all.
Also because the Mods do such a great job along with members like y’all at making this community feel like a family! hip hip hooray!

2 Likes

Its not

-20,000+ comics
-the community
-great library of video content
-great original content

What happened with Swamp Thing is a pothole in an otherwise smooth road.

2 Likes

Oh Lex :pensive:

“Oh, Lord, you gave them eyes, but they can not see”

2 Likes

•large comic library
•Shows and movies
•original content
•great community
•helpful mods
These where the things I’ve liked most.
@Lexcorp Really? I’m sorry you think this service has been bad even though all signs point to Dc Universe being an great success

2 Likes

As much as I would love to say that the DCU is doing so good because of its content it just not true I mean the only content that is good in my opinion is the countless amount of comics and young justice I would also say swamp thing but that’s been canceled and the 2 episodes alone are better than the whole 1st season of titans and in my unpopular opinion doom patrol. I would say if they can produce the type of polished content as the swamp thing series then the DCU will have no problem competing against Disney new streaming service but without the new DCEU titles like Aquaman, wonder woman and justice league and TV series like the CW shows and of course being able to create a full fleshed out exclusive DCU series the DCU will die and will be out performed by Studios that will have all there content on their Pacific streaming services

1 Like

It isn’t. They just cancelled Swamp Thing. Arguably the best show after the 1st episode aired, as a big eff you to subscribers.

1 Like