Why do you like DC?

I like all comics.
But my favorite characters are at DC and Marvel.

1 Like

DC has historically taken more chances with narrative and character. Theyā€™ve helped advance the medium.

3 Likes

Even though the MCU has been better/more consistent than the DCEU over the last decade+.
I find the DC characters more psychologically deep than Marvel. Marvel is way to much Hamlet for my taste. DC is more subtle in its approach. By and large, I prefer that. And DCAU is sooooo much better than MAU. Itā€™s not even close at all.

2 Likes

DC was my childhood. I used to watch Static, The Batman, BtAS, and all those other things on Saturday mornings and it was awesome. They were my heroes. Marvel was never that interesting to me. I didnā€™t really know much about them. But I loved to watch X-Men Evolution when I was little. I am a fan of Wolverine. He was one of my favorite heroes when I was little. But DC has been where my heart is at. Superman, Batman, and the JL are my team. I know them so well, and I like them.

I love DC Comics because of Batman. I just really enjoy the character, his story, his back story, Super Friends, Justice League, Batman and Robin, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Returns, and some many other variations on the character, that they really canā€™t be counted.

I enjoy ALL content that both catches and holds my attention. Not just DC. Game of Thrones. Handmaidā€™s Tale. X-Men. Avengers. Mr. Robot. Turn. Walking Dead. Star Trek. Star Wars and many more. I really just feel like I have lived in the greatest era of all storytelling. And just when you think nothing can be added to the listā€¦along comes Doom Patrol.

1 Like

I feel DC manages to capture a mythic spark better than Marvel.

1 Like

Better writing. Emotional identification. You care about these characters because they earned it regardless of powers (e.g. Barry Allen and Bruce Wayne).

2 Likes

I feel that the characters have more depth plus I grew up on all the animated shows and have always found their stories more interesting. Been waiting a long time for the movie/tv show industry push. I agree with the comment about marvel fans as well. Most donā€™t really even understand what is going on outside of those movies and have a hate for dc without ever giving them a chance.

DC really hits the core of truth and justice and everything superheroes.

1 Like

I mostly follow writers or characters never really put one above another

DC because I feel it has much better heroes and villains

I watched Batman and I fell in love with the character and Joker. And then I wondered about Batman and started getting interested in dc, I didnā€™t want to read comics because I wasnā€™t interested in reading. So I learned about a YouTube channel called Variant Comics, and I started learning from that. And now I love dc.

Because Supermanā€¦
and Batman & Wonder Woman!

2 Likes

Becauseā€¦

Larger image here: https://i.postimg.cc/YprMYLKJ/DCAll80s.png

3 Likes

Both DC and Marvel have some incredible characters and classic storylines, but the distinguish Ed competition doesnā€™t have anything that compares with the Trinity (Supes, Bats and WW) and their arch nemesis. And with the DC Multiverse, we can still enjoy our herosā€™ from the Golden Age.

1 Like

I love the characters and honestly their editors have such a commitment to quality. So many of their books are amazing.

1 Like

@dc2-amen!

I love how DC can make heroes vigilantes and antiheros and they all seem different

I first subscribed for the excellent DC animation, which is as satisfying as the unfortunate last few movies have been disappointing.

I was 13 when FF#1 came out. I had already been reading Supes, Batman, the Flash, Green Lantern, JLA, etc. Marvel was immediately attractive to me, obviously. Stan, Jack and Steve created new characters with human problems, and I think it blindsided DC at the time.

As I grew, I lost touch with comics until my son got me back into them, while St. Claremont was hitting his stride in X-MEN.

Then I read the first page of WATCHMEN and discovered Mooreā€™s SWAMP THING, and then SANDMAN, PREACHER, JSA and Robinsonā€™s STARMAN. I have a Marvel Unlimited app, which doesnā€™t have any of their animation, not even the VERY good X-MEN 90s show.

This app has a lot of comics, but nowhere near the number that should be there. In other words, everything possible.

In other words, VERTIGO!

Because of Static Shock since then Iā€™ve been a fan