Why cancel Swamp Thing and not Titans??

Titans has a far worse pilot episode than Swamp Thing but Swamp Thing gets cancelled?? WHY? Is it because Titans had a Batman cameo? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Titans budget is being covered by leasing the show to Netflix overseas. No such deal with Swamp Thing

1 Like

Also Titans was a lower production cost and done by a different production unit.

There are these things called contracts, don’t know if you’ve heard of them. They had confirmed Titans Season 2 before ST even aired.

2 Likes

Titans before it launched sold the UK Rights to Titans, who wanted it for 2 seasons. Hence why Titans got a second season so fast. It is not a case of “cancel one or keep the other”

3 Likes

So it appears the whole “tax” excuse was just that…an excuse… I suspect a lot of things going on behind the scenes, that we aren’t privy to…

2 Likes

The story about taxes didn’t come from DC, it came from a click bait site, and everyone ran with it. Doesn’t mean N.C. is blameless

@Horizon_Brave It wasn’t an excuse. DC never said that it happened. It was just what a lot of DC Universe fans (including me) were offering as possible justification for the cancellation. Now that it’s confirmed not to be true, I’m not sure what happening.

1 Like

There could be an agreement from DC and NC about non-disclosure. Especially if DC wants any tax breaks if shooting anything in NC.

It’s odd that given the hurmph about all this, DC has yet to make any statement about it at all. The longer the go without making a statement, the more I’m inclined to think there are some substantial NDAs involved.

cus there not loosing 50 million on titans

I have loved all the DC live action shows so far!Titans was great, DP was unexpectadly phenomenal, and so far Iam loving Swamp Thing. We’ll get the answers why it was cancelled soon. It could be the taxes it could be anything. I just don’t understand the bashing of other shows as a fan of DC in general??? Case in point…look at the hell they did to Anna Diop, it got so bad that she had to delete her social media accounts.

1 Like

Swamp Thing was the reason I subscribed. I will be canceling once the season is complete. Cancel Swamp Thing and I cancel you!

1 Like

I think it may have more to do with the ongoing AT&T / Warner Media activity more than anything else. See these two articles: (1) FORBES Senior Contributor Paul Tassi, June 8th (https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/06/08/why-on-earth-was-dc-universes-swamp-thing-cancelled-after-one-episode/#7b3cbb503bd1) and (2) CNBC’s recent online article from June 7th by CNBC’s Alex Sherman (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/07/john-stankey-warnermedia-ceo-one-year-profile-departures-silos.html).

We are talking 100 billion in debt to recoup!! This is a money issue.

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple mole math people

Short sighted as cancelling Swamp Thing is, cancelling your sub over Swamp Thing is shorter sighted in excess. They might cancel it for now, but bring it back later, and there are so many more things to love on DC Universe. I’ll miss it, but I’ll also be hoping they come back at a future date when the time is ripe and the money flows more freely.

Titans felt like really low budget compared to Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. The show might just be cheaper

1 Like

PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte I will say while we certainly are not entitled to an explanation, DC should probably make some kind of statement. The longer they don’t say anything, the more peoples imaginations on what would happen run wild.

2 Likes

It’s pathetic they haven’t said anything to subscribers.

It is extremely odd I thought they should have came out with this statement when the story broke and rumors speculations we’re all over the internet

Titans does there show in Vancouver same as the cw shows