Why are we going to have to pay separately for the FULL archive?

Honestly if this is it, I want my money back…

5 Likes

You were never getting ALL comics plus tv, movies and new content for $75 a year.

You should have never thought that. That’s on you and not DC.

Butttttt…what is available is laughable.

2 Likes

This is not what DC promised.

5 Likes

I came for the comics honestly I would like if they had more runs like casual fans are not gonna buy most Geoff John’s Green lantern run they would mostly buy the rebirth or new 52 so at least can we get those long runs up to that point

Hopefully the content improves as it goes. I was not expecting every DC comic ever. But I did kind of expect more full arcs at least? It’s odd, for instance, that we only have a few issues of Crisis. We should have the full series of something like that. Or, say, the first arc of Aquaman Rebirth (really all the Rebirth books) versus an issue here or there.

Same wasn’t expecting all comics but major runs kinda so that it makes the app look better that it has really good fan fave runs on it instead of just a few issue 1 comics

I’m so disappointed. I was expecting a much larger back issue selection. Regretting that I paid for a full year. I can’t possibly recommend this service to friends.

1 Like

100% agree - I came here for the comics. Like you I paid for the year…that should allow us full access to their whole catalog at no extra price. I hope the powers that be read this post. If not, there is no need for me to have this. but I believe DC will do the right thing!!!

3 Likes

I just peaked at all the comics content available, and at $7.99 a month or $75 for a year its a lot of comics. Why would any company offer thousands of dollars worth of product for pennies on the dollar. That would be a terrible business decision. Not to mention that it would hurt the brick and mortar comic book stores. The idea having a few complete runs is good and may happen… but please… all the DC library… not gonna happen and it shouldn’t, Not for the amounts I am seeing offered in this section, try buying all those issues at current pricing and see how much it would cost.

1 Like

Honestly I’d prefer fewer titles if it meant we’de get more complete arcs… what good does having only 2 or 3 issues of an arc do?

5 Likes

@sman1938 Marvel has been offering nearly its entire back catalog for $6 a month and it didn’t break the comic industry. I’m not looking for the complete catalog on day 1, but something comparable to its competition would have been nice. A couple of main stream series. The tag line should have been “Action Comics #1 to Rebirth and almost nothing in between”.

5 Likes

In response to the “Why would a company offer that many comics for that price” argument, which sometimes comes with a “you should never have expected such a thing” addition…Marvel has been doing it for years with its Marvel Unlimited service, so it’s not as though it was a case of expecting the impossible. Many here, including me, thought this was finally going to be DC’s equivalent after years of waiting for it.

9 Likes

@knightnorth1981 Just because Marvel offers that does not make it a good business decision, and a full story arc here and there I would totally agree with. Also keep in mind that this service offers more then just comics. If it was just a monthly fee for just comics… I would agree more should be here. But to really put out great content and pay the artist and writers who write these amazing books… the price for almost the entire catalog just seems to little, just my opinion.

I only signed up for the comics. I don’t care at all for anything else. I really don’t see the point in offering any comics if you can’t provide the full story. Just reading the first three comics isn’t enough. I didn’t expect new comics or a full arc of Rebirth, but I did expect the New 52 and older stuff. Why would I continue to subscribe once I read the few comics available?

6 Likes

I am assuming that they will be adding more comics each month… and taking down others… just like most streaming services do… they would give you a heads up on how long you would have to read a particular comic before it is coming off the include in subscription list. If they don’t give new content monthly then I would totally agree that the service is not worth it… even if you are not here just for the comics… something new every month or so for each character so all the fans can get there moneys worth and enjoy the service,

1 Like

Yes, they definitely mean you can buy individual issues. The current selection is very stingy when it comes to newer comics, and it’s weird that even big classic arcs like Crisis on Infinite Earths only have teaser issues. Marvel’s selection is much nicer.

1 Like

As a new and growing service I’m happy with what I have found so far, I never thought I’d see things like Impulse or Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E… That being said, I do find it odd that there isn’t as much of an emphasis on the newer titles, especially the “Rebirth” titles. I think I’ll reserve further judgment until I see what the price point is for the extended library.

2 Likes

I don’t really care about reading new releases, but I would really like to read runs of classic comics. I hope DCU will have rotating libraries to keep people interested. If some comics need to be purchased, I just hope they’re mostly new releases. The comics are a big part of why I signed up for the service.

1 Like