Who's Your Favorite DC Universe Original Character?

With 4 shows now released, and each one of them featuring a rich cast of unique characters, both starring and supporting, we want to know: Which one has been your standout, your amore, your mascot, your spirit animal? We’ve compiled an (almost) exhaustive list of characters below to help you ruminate!

:tv:TITANS​:tv:
Dick Grayson/Robin
Rachel Roth/Raven
Koriand’r/Starfire
Gar Logan/Beast Boy
Hank Hall/Hawk
Dawn Granger/Dove
Jason Todd/Robin
Donna Troy/Wonder Girl
Pinot Grigio Sally
The Nuclear Family

:tv:YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS​:tv:
Dick Grayson
M’gann M’orzz
Conner Kent
Artemis Crock
Kaldur’ahm
Wally West
Roy Harper
Jaime Reyes
Brion Markov
Halo
Helga Jace
Bart Allen
Wolf
Zatanna Zatara
Barbara Gordon

…Pretty much everyone, ever.

:tv:DOOM PATROL​:tv:
Crazy Jane (And/or one of her many personalities)
Rita Farr/Elasti-Woman
Cliff Steele/Robotman
Larry Trainor/Negative Man
Vic Sage/Cyborg
The Chief
Mr. Nobody
Maura Lee Karupt
Beard Hunter
The Donkey
Ezekial The Cockroach
Flex Mentallo
Animal-Vegetable-Mineral-Man
The Rat
Baphomet
Mento
The citizens of Fuchtopia

There are a LOT more characters than originally planned for when creating this topic.

:tv:SWAMP THING​:tv:
Abby Arcane
Maria Sunderland
Alec Holland
Swamp Thing
Matt Cable
Liz Tremayne
Avery Sunderland
Lucilia Cable
Jason Woodrue
Madame Xanadu
Daniel Cassidy
Susie Coyle

That’s a lot of characters that have been covered! Pick one ultimate favorite, one from each show, or tell us why it’s so hard to pick in the comments below!

11 Likes

RITA FARR! The DCU version is the best there ever was.

7 Likes

Rita Farr! I wasn’t a fan of her in the comics, but April Bowlby made the character her own.

6 Likes

Team Rita high five, @WonderFlash93!

4 Likes

@biff_pow high five! Team Rita Farr!

5 Likes

There are so many to choose from.so I’ll choose from each show.

Titans
Beast Boy
He’s always been my favorite titan plus in the show right now the only animal he can turn to is my favorite so it’s him.

YJ
Batman is always my favorite so I would say him but choosing from the more main cast I have to go with Miss Martain. Always have like the martians of DC

DP
Admiral Whiskers. Just liked him a lot. A villain with s tragic origin story.

ST
I have to go with Swamp Thing. I’ve always liked him and in this show he just looks really awesome. Can’t wait to see what he has in store for the rest of the show.

4 Likes

Sandman

2 Likes

Halo has completely stolen my heart this season of YJ. All my votes to her.

5 Likes

Rita Farr

3 Likes

I am a die-hard Jason Todd fan, but I have complicated feelings on his appearance in Titans that prevent me from ranking him as number one here where there is so very much competition.

YJ has both Halo and Oracle and I love them both very, very much. Oracle is another one of my favorite characters across all media, and her YJ stuff has been VERY good, but she hasn’t gotten nearly the screentime that Halo has, and I have to vote based on the show’s version of the character, or else the Cass and Jason cameos in YJ would also run away with it. Not to mention, Halo has become very near and dear to me.

After much deliberation, I must vote for Halo.

4 Likes

Batman

4 Likes

Batman

3 Likes

Bart Allen

3 Likes

Titans
Dawn Granger/Dove
Hank Hall/Hawk

Young Justice
Cassie Sandsmark
Barbara Gordon

Doom Patrol
Everyone?
Larry Trainor
Rita Farr

Swamp Thing
No one

If I had to choose just one, I might say Dawn Granger. It’s a tough choice.

5 Likes

I a die-hard Barbara Gordon fan. Like I would die for her.

4 Likes

Batman and Grayson

3 Likes

Don’t die for Barbara Gordon, @RollingThunder!

1 Like

SWAMP THING!!! BRING 'ER BACK!

1 Like

Titans - Grayson easily. His choreography is intense. When I’m watching him fight its like a 1:1 from comic books. This is how the Batfamily throws hands.

Young Justice - Superboy. Since his introduction he has been my favorite iteration of the character. His tantrums lessen as he matures, and nowadays his role has shifted from angry maverick to dependable and powerful field sergeant.
Number 2 on my Young Justice is probably Wonder Girl. Give her more screen time lol.

1 Like

Cliff Steele was my favorite character from the very first issue of MY GREATEST ADVENTURE in which he was called Automaton. Robotman is way cooler.

I love Cliff and his attitude, his very human kindness and anger and anguish, and he is the ONLY DP character who is in every iteration of the team.

So, CLIFF STEELE.

3 Likes