Who's DC's funniest hero?

Whose pants are smartest in the DC multiverse?

20190713-064440.jpg

3 Likes

Plastic Man

2 Likes

I completely forgot ol Plas!

2 Likes

Booster Gold when he’s written by anyone else but Tom King.

2 Likes

Alfred Pennyworth for his dry wit.

Physical comedy, it’s Plas

9 Likes

Here’s a general rule when it comes to comedy the DC Universe: it’s not usually the characters themselves who are funny, but the situations that they get themselves into.

7 Likes

That’s a good point, @HCQ. I was just reading some Ted Kord Blue Beetle and thinking he was ALMOST in Spider-Man territory, so I got to wondering who’d best pair with Spidey.

3 Likes

Booster for sure

4 Likes

Comedy in superhero comics is tough to balance with action and character. I think Spider-Man is the toughest Marvel character to do right. He has too be funny, heroic, loving to May and MJ, and still have the whiff of sad sack about him. DeSade has a good point, written correctly Alfred’s dry wit is used to puncture Batman’s Batmaniss Mary Marvel in JLI was great as a counter point to the Blue and Gold.

5 Likes

Definitely Impulse. No question.

3 Likes

I’ve shed more tears of laughter at Ambush Bug’s antics over the years than just about any other character.

Yes, he started off as a pest/antagonist, but he ended up on the heroic side of things eventually, so he counts in my book.

2 Likes

I think Beast Boy is pretty funny.

3 Likes

G’nort

2 Likes

Cyborg

2 Likes

I gotta go with either Zan from Wonder Twins because he’s so fun to laugh at or I’d go with Batcow because, I mean, are explanations even needed for that one? If you do, pick up “Dog Days of Summer” and read the short, “Panic at the Midnight Rodeo”!

2 Likes

Elongated Man from DCW (DC CW)

4 Likes

Batman from the brave and the bold

2 Likes

Grifter imo

2 Likes

Plastic Man

3 Likes

Ambush Bug

2 Likes