Who Would Win: Ultimate Shark-Off Edition

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

The natural world is full of both wonder and terror. Few creatures exemplify this dichotomy better than the majestic shark. Today’s brawl is between two of the prime shark specimens in all of the DC Universe-one who is literally known as the King Shark, and another who has no need of royal titles, and is known simply as The Shark.

King Shark is a particularly fierce specimen, and is in fact the son of the “King of All Sharks”, who is also known as the Shark God. He is distinguished by his claws, fangs, superhuman strength, stamina, and a diet that occasionally consists of humans.

The Shark, who is sometimes referred to as Karshon, or T.S. (Tiger Shark) Smith, is yet another example of humanity’s impact on the natural world. When a normal shark was exposed to massive radiation, he evolved millions of years in but a few minutes. He gained increased strength, speed, stamina, and a wide variety of telepathic and telekinetic powers. He also enjoys dining on humans, as is apparently the pattern for superpowered sharks.

In the titanic clash between these two predators, who would emerge triumphant? Let us know and share your reasoning, below!

• King Shark
  • The Shark

0 voters

8 Likes

Oh definitely King Shark…after all he is the KING for a reason :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Huh, I don’t think I’ve heard of The Shark, honestly.

4 Likes
6 Likes

The Shark definitely is an interesting character… :thinking:

Although… King Shark has the upper hand in this battle. :kingshark_hqas: :shark: :superman_hv_4:

8 Likes

Thank you for this very important public service announcement regarding the difference between King Shark and Shark. The people need to know.

Anyway, King Shark is a demigod. He wins.

8 Likes

I remembered reading about a shark-man character near the beginning of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern run years ago. When I was remembering it, I just automatically assumed it was King Shark, so it was a pleasant surprise to find out I was wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes
6 Likes

King shark is a Shark. :kingshark_hqas:

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of The Shark, so I voted King Shark, the way I see this @Green.Lantern, this is most likely the bloodiest battle ever between these two shark, and King Shark would still win! :shark::shark::grin:

4 Likes

I’ve been seeing this and laughing all week watching Shark Week. :joy:

4 Likes

I see what you did there, @ajm08g. Well played, sir. Well played. :clap:t2:

SN: Happy DCUIversary, @HubCityQuestion! :fireworks: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

The Shark, a classic Green Lantern villain, is very powerful. In addition to his superhuman strength, he has the ability to induce fear in his victims. As a telepath, he can generate incredible psionic blasts proven to hurt, or even temporarily kayo, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) in the past. But GL (in my opinion) would have little difficulty dispensing with King Shark. In a fight, Shark would probably just induce fear in King Shark’s mind (however small that mind is) until he turned into a vegetable. Shark is that powerful. For a great demonstration of Shark’s powers, see Green Lantern (1960 series) #s 175-176. Just think…Shark has defeated, if temporarily, the Greatest Green Lantern to ever wear a power ring. There’s little doubt he could best King Shark.

2 Likes

Or as fellow sea creature Tamatoa would put it, “little semi-demi-mini-god”. And god is just the cattle’s name for farmer. The Shark has the physiology of a shark from the distant future. A human could easily defeat an ape from over a million years ago, even if that ape was the son of - What, exactly, the god of apes? King Shark is a shark. His gift from his divine father is being on level ground with the Shark. That’s like Captain Marvel entering a weightlifting contest with Superman: Thanks to the strength of Hercules, it’s not exactly laughable, but we still know who’s gonna win.

1 Like

Carol Danvers with no effort because DC editorial has no sense.

1 Like

My bat-shark repellant wins.

2 Likes

What?

1 Like

Current Carol Danvers would likely be stronger than Clark because she is a Marvel character and DC editorial sees Marvel as superior to their own characters and stories.

1 Like

Also, just from an objective standpoint, Carol would probably win. In terms of brute strength, they’re probably evenly matched, but Carol can travel faster than light, so…

1 Like

Superman has lifted multiverses and traveled across galaxies in hours…He should get stomped by feats against Carol though. She is a Marvep character and Superman can only lift a multiverse

2 Likes