Who Would Win? Swamp Thing vs. Solomon Grundy

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Today is World Wetlands Day*. To celebrate this day, which honors the extremely important ecosystems, our fight this week is between the DC Multiverse’s two most famous wetlands residents-Swamp Thing and Solomon Grundy!

After the scientist Alec Holland was murdered, the monstrous creature known as Swamp Thing rose up in his place, and can control all plant life on Earth, in addition to being incredibly strong. Cyrus Gold, a wealthy resident of Gotham, was also murdered and then dumped into a swamp. He rose from the dead and is extremely strong, durable, and essentially invulnerable and immortal.

If these two swamp powerhouses (and cautionary tales about watching what you dump in the wetlands) came to blows, who would win? Let us know who you think it would be and why, below!

• Swamp Thing
  • Solomon Grundy

0 voters

* Today is also National Tater Tot Day in the USA, which is a much harder day to build a fight around, except for possibly these.

12 Likes

Solomon Grundy’s earth 2 counterpart (also called Solomon Grundy) is literally the avatar of death. He can easily destroy all of the green on Earth, effectively killing Swamp Thing

6 Likes

Well, it probably depends on which version, you go with, I am going with the one where Grundy is part Swamp plants and since he is part plant, Swamp Thing would own him.

7 Likes

Anybody who doesn’t vote for me is fired

17 Likes

Well, I guess I’d better go ahead and change the poll to only have one choice. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Option 1 - Swamp Thing
Option 2 - Also Swamp Thing

:+1:

11 Likes

I went with Swamp Thing. Solomon Grundy is a formidable opponent, but with his ability to control all plants Swamp Thing would have the edge.

8 Likes

Swampy definitely.
Grundy is derived from a swamp so I think Swamp Thing has the advantage.

8 Likes

Isn’t this illegal? :rofl: you would definitely win, though.

6 Likes

Definitely Swamp Thing

6 Likes

@Alec.Holland :laughing: :raised_hands: Tell em.

Perfect time to resurrect this lil gem. Swampy FTW! :green_heart: #TeamGreen

You’re referring to the The Grey, right? If so, that’s fungus, and can sometimes be beneficial to a plants immune system, depending on the environment, so my money is still on Swampy. :seedling:

12 Likes

the rot. essentially death

5 Likes

He’s never been the avatar of the Rot (Black) :thinking: as far as I can remember. That’s the Arcanes, no? Grundy was the Avatar for the Grey once tho (on Earth 2, as you said)? And that’s fungus—that’s what I was referring to/meant anyway. :green_heart:

6 Likes

i thought the gray (for earth-2) is the rot?

5 Likes

4 Likes

tumblr_e4d0192c3bf8ca2216d807a52700dc3b_e0f92e45_400

(Good thing I voted for Swamp Thing before seeing this. :stuck_out_tongue:)

9 Likes

6 Likes

(I cant :100: remember) but yeah :thinking: the fungal consciousness may have been the replacement for the Black on that Earth, so yes! I think you’re right—but I’m still going w/ Swampy! :stuck_out_tongue::green_heart::seedling:

200 (12)

8 Likes

If there is anything I know about nature (which isn’t much), its that you don’t mess with it. While Grundy is a brute force, Swamp Thing is definitely a lot more aware and will do anything to overtake him until its time for Grundy to come back. My bet is on @Alec.Holland here :seedling:

6 Likes

This is awesome!!!

6 Likes