Who Would Win? Solomon Grundy vs. Etrigan the Demon

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Halloween is the time of year for monsters, and the fight this week is between two fearsome monsters who both have a thing for rhymes.

They’re both extremely tough and immortal, but if they ever fought, who would come out on top?

• Solomon Grundy
  • Etrigran the Demon

0 voters

Long Halloween Cat

14 Likes

Hmm…I think Etrigan would win the battle, but Solomon Grundy would probably get back up no matter what.

8 Likes

Playing with Scribblenaut game of DC Comics, Grundy would beat Etrigran the demon by a mile.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ll say Etrigan but Grundy is well Grundy. So this is a though one.

6 Likes

This battle would go on forever. It would be brutal and awesome! I think that after quite some time, Etrigan would get bored of Grundy always getting back up like Rocky Balboa and eventually unleash absolute hell (pun intended) on him to finally get the win.

6 Likes

Grundy may be physically stronger than Etrigan but Etrigan has a better mastery of magic. If they just started punching each other, Grundy would win. If Etrigan used his brain and magical experience, he would probably have the upper edge. He probably couldn’t -ahem- find a permanent solution but he could trap Grundy, send him somewhere he isn’t getting back from easily, or injure him enough that he is going to take a while to heal.

(This is also assuming it is not New 52’s earth-2 Grundy who I think would probably win because of his connection to the Rot).

5 Likes

The Demon, Etrigan because he was created by Kirby. Done. Deal.

6 Likes

Well hello there again Green.Lantern. :wave: :sunglasses:

Quite the battle again this week and as @NYJt3 said it is pretty tough deciding who would win. :thinking:

Etrigan sure would appreciate the fight that Grundy would bring, and coming back again and again is an interesting aspect. :fire: :zombie:

Could Etrigan put down Grundy for a long enough time to be declared the victor? Quite possibly… Or… Could Grundy make Etrigan say his famous final rhyme in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War? :astonished:

Well… What I do know for sure though is who @stefanie.m would choose! :smile: :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

Hands down ETRIGAN

20200306_082153

Not possible, Etrigan has strength, magic, a sword and grundy has a rope? Seems pretty stacked against him.
:grin:

8 Likes

solomon grundy

1 Like

Etrigan beats grundy
it’s easy you see
One is undead
But the demon is king
So off with his head
Even though he is dead
So etrigan can go back to bed…

7 Likes

Well said. :clap:

3 Likes

1 Like

This already happened

3 Likes

Depending on what Grundy we have. If he came back clueless it’s a no brainer, pun intended . But even if he came back smart; Jason Blood was a Knight of the round table. Grundy was a gangster who used weapons more than fighting skills. Either way, I say hellfire wins out.

2 Likes

I agree soliman grundy would keep on coming back but errigan would eventually outsmart him

3 Likes

This is one fight that I’d be both really excited to see portrayed more and a bit nervous. It would probably be rough and exciting, but could also be pretty gruesome and brutal. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This would be an eternal fight. Can either be stopped for any length of time?

3 Likes

What’s that from?

1 Like

I think Solomon Grundy #2 I cant completely remember

1 Like