Who Would Win? Doctor Phosphorous vs. Corrosive Man

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Our fight this week is between two foes of Batman who could just as easily discuss skin care as fight-Doctor Phosphorus and Corrosive Man!

Do you think Derek Mitchell’s acidic skin and deadly touch would be enough for the victory, or would Dr. Alex Sartorius’s control of radiation be too much for him to overcome?

Let us know you think would win and why, below!

• Doctor Phosphorus
  • Corrosive Man

0 voters

10 Likes

I have never heard of them, so I went with Doctor. :slightly_smiling_face: They would be perfect for @Jurisdiction club since they’re unknown, I think.

5 Likes

Doctor phosphorus technically is responsible for killing Batman in Tom King Batman run.

6 Likes

Corrosive Man is actually on the list!

5 Likes

Have to go with Ol Doc, unlike Mr. Corrosive, his powers aren’t effected by Alkaline, though to tell you the truth, they would probably kill each other.

7 Likes

I went with Dr. Phosphorus because I am familiar with him! I still remember his first appearance (yes, I am old enough to have read the Steve Englehart run on Detective Comics when it first came out).

7 Likes

Most will vote for Doc Phos, so I leaned toward the 'ol Corrosive Man, instead.

TBT, I’d really vote for Blight (the bastard offspring of Doc Phos), but…he’s not featured, so CM it is.

7 Likes

Detective Comics #1027

Doctor Phosphorus. The villain who killed Batman.

5 Likes

Depends on if they shake hands before the fight. Corrosive Has death touch according to Comicvine. Otherwise Dr. Phosphorus wins easily. The Doctor reminds me of the villain in X-men 1st class played by Kevin Bacon, who essentially is the forerunner for Magneto and others. I think the attempt to personify chemical and radioactive effects could be upgraded in DC. Especially considering their impacts on everyone from; Flash (chemical “accident”), Firestorm (Nuclear accident), Joker (ACE Chemicals), Two-Face (Acid burn), Firefly (Chemical burns), Bane (Bio-chemical steroids), Scarecrow (Chemical psychotropics), Mad Hatter (Bio-Chemical psychotropics) etc…

4 Likes

Doctor Phosphorus wins. Radioactivity Über Alles. I think it is much more powerful than mere chemistry.

5 Likes

But, technically speaking, radiation involves decay; alpha, beta, and gamma particles. Standard Chemistry is slightly different than Standard Physics in how the tests are devised. A stable environment vs. a vacuum. Corrosion would be like a shrinking environment caused by an outside vector (substance) whereas Radiation would take place from within!

4 Likes