Who Would Win? Barbara Gordon vs. Grid

Who Would Win? Barbara Gordon vs. Grid
Date to Publish: 2021-12-01T05:00:00Z

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Fifty-five years ago, one of DC’s greatest characters made her debut-Barbara Gordon! She’s has had an illustrious crimefighting career as both Batgirl and Oracle, and one of the talents she’s drawn on the most is her skill with computers. Today’s matchup will really test those skills-Barbara Gordon vs. Grid!

The daughter of Gotham City’s police commissioner, Barbara Gordon has a long career and has been a valued member of many groups, such as the Bat Family, the Birds of Prey, and the Suicide Squad. In addition to her hacking and computer prowess, she’s an excellent martial artist, hand-to-hand fighter, and uses a variety of high-tech weapons and gadgets.

The Grid is a sentient computer virus that lurked inside Cyborg. Eventually gaining control of Cyborg, it used his prostheses to create a body for itself. This granted it a variety of powers and abilities, including strength, durability, regeneration, energy blasts, and regeneration, in addition to the technopathic powers it has as a sentient computer program.

If these two characters were to fight, which one do you think would emerge triumphant? Let us know your choice and why, below!

• Barbara Gordon
  • Grid

0 voters

15 Likes

grid would hack the chip that lets barbara walk

7 Likes

@DC89 this is the perfect week for this poll.

8 Likes

BG in all things. Every day in every way. If GRID wants keep the battlefield in cyberspace my gurrrlll’s eidetic memory and genius-level intellect push her over the top, especially 'cuz she has two things that all CPU’s lack: instinct and the willingness to roll the dice and take a chance (no offense Kelex :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:). If the battle goes hand to hand I’m quite sure that BG can whip up some Nth metal enhanced armor that will allow her to defeat GRID completely. Yep. :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

Thx for the heads up on this LadyBat. :+1: :bat:

13 Likes

If you had gone with Grid for this poll, I would’ve taken that as a sign that you’d been abducted by terrorists and were signaling for help. That, or Grid was real and had taken over your account.

13 Likes

:laughing: :+1:

8 Likes

95FD7046-319C-47D1-B7BE-434AF1CC37AF

10 Likes

I went with Babs for two reasons. First, she has mad computer skills and is more than a match for any computer virus, sentient or not. Second, she’s Batgirl. Legendary heroes always have the edge!

6 Likes

:00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

5 Likes

I’m not gonna go too in depth on context here, because spoilers for Batgirl of Burnside, but I would like to point out that Babs has gone up against a computer program that was purrty powerful. This ain’t her first rodeo y’all.

@DC89 you know what I’m talking about :wink:

6 Likes

I have the utmost faith in Barbara. I am pretty sure she would celebrate her 55th by defeating a prosthetic superpowered sentient virus computer, probably before breakfast, and possibly only using a TRS-80 (with a tape cassette drive).

8 Likes

Babs for the win. I think she’s beaten tougher with her coming computer grid will be taken down. Not easily but definitely taken down.

6 Likes

Yep. :wink:

#BGTriumphant

8 Likes

BG’s gonna’ get after it old skool and still crush it. :smiley:

8 Likes

You guys probably know I am a big fan of the Crime Syndicate (and beating them up).

4 Likes

Babra. She is a librarian, and carries the ancient knowledge of her people. She knows how to use the dewey decimal system, and she doesn’t need to google it. Also, as a Bat, she has access to pretty much unlimited resources and she will find a way to shut that computer down. She’s a hacker. And if all else fails she’ll run a malware program.

#BGBDAY55

She’s gonna take the cake. :birthday:

7 Likes

Barbra Gordon…Obviously

3 Likes

This was my first reaction… My second was that Babs doesn’t need to walk to defeat this villain! Barbara Gordon all the way!

5 Likes

Depends on why they fight and for what reason!

I think the outcome depends on this Woman…

5 Likes

Grid would probably win the first battle, as @Jurisdiction said, he would disable the chip giving him an advantage in their physical confrontation, however after that was over BG would find a way to shut him down, her out of the box thinking would ultimately prevail. Though the victory would be as Oracle perhaps and not Batgirl.

6 Likes