Who’s going to see Superman The Movie 40th Anniversary showing from Fathom Events?

I live in Tampa & I already bought my tickets. I’d never seen the Richard Donner film on the big screen before. This will be my 1st time. I’m so excited, it’s easily one of my favorite films of all time.

6 Likes

After tomorrow’s sweepstakes announcement, a few more people may be going…

7 Likes

It really did make me believe a man could fly. Some people think the first half in Smallville is cheesy; I don’t. It is classy because of the “old values” on display between Clark and his human parents.

1 Like

I’m going to see it. It’s one of my favorite films ever. Just got the 4K the other day and want to watch this weekend as well. I did see it in theaters back in late 2001 so this will be my second time in theater and millionth time overall.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about this
Is it nationwide?

3 Likes

Randall, I’m a Tampa DCU guy too! Maybe I’ll see you!

2 Likes

I’ll be going to a showing on the 27th. Looking forward to it as I’ve never seen on the big screen before!

2 Likes

Of course! It’s an unequalled masterpiece that is best on the big screen.

3 Likes

I have tickets, as well. This is a favorite from my childhood, but I’ve never seen it on the big screen. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I’ve heard they may be showing one of the Fleischer cartoons with it.

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Fattyboon go to Fathom Events website & type I’m your zip code. It’ll show you participating theatres near you.

I’m too excited not to share this- we just went live with a giveaway for tickets to these screenings! You can find it in our News section, or this link:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/superman-movie-40th-anniversary-screening-sweepstakes/

@RandallusPrime, I highly recommend you still enter! We have a chance to win a poster signed by Richard Donner!

3 Likes

Thanks Applejack! I saw the post for it before I saw your comment. I can’t believe the Grand Prize is a poster signed by the Legend himself Richard Donner. I commented on there how if I win it will be one of the greatest moments of my life. I’m legit serious. Maybe you’ll see my comments on the post, lol. Huge thanks for commenting on here & letting me know, very awesome of you. You’re the best!

I do have a question Applejack, is there a way to speak to you in private like an email about an idea for the streaming service involving social media? If you can email me, that would be awesome! If not, I totally understand. I sent a message to DC Universe Facebook page. Hopefully I get a reply, it does involve my idea. I think it would be really cool for a lot of members. I hope to hear from you, thanks!

I am going on the 27th with a few comic book friends. Should be a good time. I have never seen this one on the big screen.

2 Likes

@RandallusPrime, feel free to send an e-mail to fans@dcuniverse.com, and your request will be routed to me :slight_smile: A different team manages the social media (IG,TW, FB).

2 Likes

@jackknight_73 I’m so excited for you!!! I hope you let us know what you think after the screening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Applejack!