Who is your favorite Wonder Woman?

Lynda Carter. She set the standard in the same way Christopher Reeve did for Superman. She also has the distinction of being the ONLY live-action version of the character for forty years until Gal was cast. Gal is great, but Lynda Carter will always be the definitive Wonder Woman.

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte: I’m not so much talking about the level of violence, but more that it was clear she didn’t have much training in even staged, and the way she ran was pretty bad – though I suppose one could excuse that with the fact that she was probably doing that in heels.

@Jerm_78: I can definitely agree that Carter set the standard for the character, much like Reeve did for Superman, but he’s not my favorite either. I think you can respect the legacy that they have and still have a preference for a different or more modern take.

3 Likes

I like Gal the best tbh. Her persona fits Wonder Woman’s character.

1 Like

Linda Carter is my favorite, saw the show when I was a kid (in re-runs I am not quite THAT old), and it clearly made an impression. To this day when I read a Wonder Woman comic I hear Linda Carter’s voice.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay NOBODY in that show could do stage combat. The “fight scenes” are the hardest thing to watch in that show.

Yeah, I’d say it’s fair to put that down to the heels.

Susan Eisenberg is the voice of Wonder Woman

But Gal Gadot is the look of Wonder Woman.

2 Likes

I watched the pilot for WW staring Linda Carter today . It would be cool if they could take the Linda Carter pilot and just make the fight scenes and effects much better. But keep every thing else the same. The dialogue, the actors, wardrobe, sets right down to the cameras and sound. Make it both bad a$$ and cheesy at the same time.

Gal G.

2 Likes

Gal Gadot!

1 Like

Love Lynda Carter!! That’s me and my mom’s favorite Wonder woman ever and fun fact she played the president on Supergirl(CW)

3 Likes

Why was your Babs Batgirl thread removed? Are they going to remove this one too? I don’t understand the mods here.

3 Likes

@Xnam360

I used a wrong image, turned out the pic I used wasn’t Babs but a girl from some anime. Stupid Google search, Tumblr tags and the like, they can so easily confuse. Thus, the thread was removed because it was misinterpretation of the character, also because it was too sexy.

3 Likes

Waiting for Gadot

3 Likes

I love both Lynda and Gal. Lynda was the hero of my youth and left me with an attraction to women with dark hair and blue eyes, while Gal got to bring a different kind of strength and much better lasso skills (not to mention getting to use what may be one of the greatest props in film history).

For comics, the George Perez run was probably the most care taken with the character since Moulton left the book. I do want to read her Twelve Labors story, though; I saw one issue when I was a kid but never got to read the whole thing.

2 Likes

Adrianne Palicki or Ellie Wood

Sorry Gibby meant to answer but I’ve been staring at that pic of Lynda for a week. Love both Gal and Lynda.

1 Like

I don’t blame you.

Lynda, to me, is about as perfect as perfect can get. I consider her to be the most beautiful woman/human being to ever walk the earth.

Everything from her looks, personality, accent/voice, just screams perfection. She is like an angel.

2 Likes

And she looks as great today as she did when she played WW

2 Likes

@directorslueth
CW is good about casting folks who played DC characters back in the day. Kara & Alex’s mom is played by Helen Slater, who played Kara in Supergirl the movie.
The guy who plays Henry Allen & Jay Garrick played Flash in the original series, along with the woman who plays Christina McGee (Amanda Pays) player the scientist helping Barry with his speed in the original show.
Ray Palmer in LoT is the guy who played Superman in Man of Steel.

I don’t know of such castings made in Arrow.

Susan Eisenberg. Hands down. Followed by Gal Gadot. Followed by Lynda Carter