WHO is Your Favorite NON Popular or Mainstream DC Character

images
Animal Man- Buddy Baker- protector of the Red and all animal life. He struggles to balance his family life - being a dad and also being a superhero. He had fame as a rock star and movie stuntman, but his family comes before everything. But no matter what he will always be a superhero he can’t escape it no matter how much he tries, because he believes he was meant for a higher purpose- but he loves and appreciates his family and he always comes back to them for support.

3 Likes

He keeps popping up in the background of crowd shots and I’m waiting for him to get his due; I got worried when I saw him on the cover of Heroes in Crisis.

1 Like

Do I have to pick one?

Some of my favorite lower tier characters are

Fire and Ice, Dial H For Hero (all versions), Johnny Quick, Liberty Belle, Magog (the one who was a JSA member not the Kingdom Come version), Ambush Bug, Gunfire, Blue Devil, Blue Beetle (both Ted Kord and Jamie Reyes), Booster Gold (if he counts), Etrigan, Red Tool.

And if we want to get real obscure I was also a fan of the 2009 version of The Web from the last time DC Licensed the Archie character. That one will probably never come back, or sadly probably ever be availiable on DC Universe, but it was a great character.

1 Like

A 2009 version? I only know the DC version from Impact! Comics, where the Web was a group of people and one of them was clearly modeled after Sam Elliott.

1 Like

They gave the Archie characters another go in 2009. They licensed them like before, but that time they were in the main DC Universe (although the tie ins to main continuity seemed to mostly be in their books, they did little in any other books but sure that was so they wouldn’t run into problems if they didn’t have the license down the line).

They did a series of one shots introducing new version of The Web, Inferno, Hangman, Sheild and Mighty Crusaders. They then launched an ongoing for The Web (which had Hangman as a backup story), and Shild (which had Inferno as a backup story), and a Crusaders mini-series.

The whole thing only lasted about a year, and honestly I felt The Web and Hangman were the only ones that were really any good. But it was an interesting experiment.

2 Likes

I absolutely knew nothing about this. I agree it would be awesome to be able to see them again!

Stupid licenses.

2 Likes