Who Is Your Favorite DC Supervillain?

I want to know who’s your favorite dc supervillain? Now I’ve heard the usual answers: joker, lex luthor, darkseid, and they’re all great, but to me, no supervillain is better than the other. Sure they can have a higher kill count, or higher power level, but I love every villain equally, because I love villains! Probably even more than I love heroes! So tell, me who is your favorite?

4 Likes

Bane is my favorite. I was so hyped for him after reading Batman: Vengence of Bane and in Knightfall he even exceeded past my expectations. Since then he has appeared every once in a while usually doing something impressive but never as impressive as Knightfall. Hard to beat that, but I do enjoy that fact that he’s not overused like the Joker.

4 Likes

I agree. Joker is great and all, and it makes sense for him to be around so much since he’s Batman’s arch nemesis, but it gets to a point where he’s not needed. Batman hush was about this new villain that was a huge threat to Batman, and they only included some villains as build up, but joker was needed, since hush and technically the riddler were the main villains. In Batman Arkham origins, they make it out to be that black mask is going to be the big baddie, but then it’s revealed to be joker! And I could keep going. But like I said, he’s still great!

1 Like

The Scarecrow ironically. I find Scarecrow to be a hit or miss character. But when he’s done well, he’s done REALLY WELL. He basically embodies the fear that Batman presents to criminals, but for everyone. I also find him the most interesting when he performs acts of horror for research and research alone. I find him much less interesting when he enjoys the suffering of people when they’re scared.

3 Likes

Id agree. For example, he was done phenomenally in Batman Arkham Knight, being both terrifying and fascinating at the same time. We don’t need a super sad backstory like mr freeze, because he’s basically pure evil.

2 Likes

Ra’s Al Guhl. He is the Moriarty to Batman’s Sherlock. A villain who believes in what he’s doing and has a strict moral code. He is my favorite because he is working to save the planet even though his methods are ruthless. Oh, and he has a really hot looking daughter.

4 Likes

Bane but second would be scarecrow

2 Likes

I love the Joker, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, etc as much as the next fan, but I’m not necessarily as excited by upcoming stories that I know are going to feature them because they get used so often. If you read bad Joker story, wait a few weeks- you’ll get another one.

I get more excited if I know underused favorites are being used. Toyman (obviously), Starro, Neron, General Zod, Professor Pyg, Abra Kadabra, Prometheus, Murmur, Solaris, etc. I’d say Cheetah, but it seems like she’s made the trip from obscurity into stardom lately, like Black Manta, Sinestro, and Reverse Flash before her.

4 Likes

Ah, very convincing final point.

3 Likes

larfleeze

3 Likes

Bob.

6 Likes

He’s Joker’s #1 guy

5 Likes

The greatest criminal mind of our age and ruler of Australia…

2 Likes