Cyborg.

4 Likes

Vixen!

6 Likes

John Stewart

4 Likes

The Earth 23 Superman, Calvin Ellis

3 Likes

Hard to pick. It’s hard to pick them out of the background a lot of the time. It’s a bit if an effort to focus on them. Too bad there isn’t a team or 2 of them and there are no African American couples that I’m aware of and I look.

The ones that I do really like are John Stewart, Cyborg and the black version of Kid Flash and Vixen off the top of my head.

That’s probably partially because they have been the most visible for a little while and because they’re all good characters. Though I cannot find a current John Stewart comic and I looked.

About Kid Flash? 1st if all, I just love Speedsters. Great concept. The lightning and all it’s meaning is a nice touch too. They also seem perfect for black characters in my opinion.
For example, I have no Earthly idea how DC has not noticed that there is an awesome super fast Olympic gold medalist named Usain Bolt (if that’s how it’s spelled) and approached him about designing a speedster off of him named Bolt. It’s too perfect. It should be screaming at DC writers in my opinion. Hopefully Marvel doesn’t beat them to that like they did the R rating. Partner him with Kid Flash or stop killing the original ginger Wally and have the black guy take on the new “mantle” of Bolt or something. Back to Kid Flash.

It’s been a minute since I was exposed to that story but it was the black Kid Flash that lost to Future Flash then trained for a decade and tracked “Future Flash” through time in the comics right? I liked that. Even the car crash stuck with me. Still either way it’s a great visual (aside from the pastels thing) and a really good character. Keep him around please.

Vixen has potential too. Loads. Please use her more. Develop and enhance Vixen. I like her I just think she’s a bit under powered. I can’t help but wonder why she can’t have all the amulets and be a full elemental especially if the amulets are supposed to be of African origin. She never struck me as the right mate for John Stewart but hey at least they tried. It was a bit better than him and Hawkgirl but still. Me personally I’d probably pair her with the black version of Kid Flash.

I like Black Lightning too but that Tobias Wale character on his show is hard to digest at best. I’m very tempted to call him offensive. Anyway, the old suit Black Lightning suit from the animation is better too. They always put us in pastels and it just doesn’t work. What I do like is that he is very powerful and he has a very powerful superpowered family. That is great. I don’t think I’ve seen that anywhere else in DC. It’s a really really good thing. I can’t stress that enough. I wish the 3 of them would pop up all over the place. Seriously.

That’s pretty much it. Hopefully your not bothered. Had to give it to you straight. If I had to pick a single favorite? It’s possible that it could be “recentcy bias” because I literally just watched episode 2 of Doom Patrol and I’m a JL fan and I’ve been reading their comics recently but I’d say it’s Cyborg. If not it’s John Stewart. Those 2 are definitely fighting for 1st and 2nd. 3rd is the black version of Kid Flash (even though I also like the red head too).

Mr. Terrific deserves mention. A top 3 genius in the world. Great. The “T” mask on his face is a reach but ok. The version I first saw looked huge and like a very big biker type with a leather jacket. The words on the arm add to the effect of the T mask being reach but still ok. The comics have yet to draw me in though.

The tv portrayal is underwhelming. Not that the actor is a bad actor but he does not fit that look at all as far as i can see but it’s really that he lets the show get away with not explaining the hair thing. What hair thing? It’s laughable that he goes form large free afro to tight cornrow braids in the short time it took him and everyone else to change clothes for a mission without explanation.

If they gave one they should repeat it often so it can’t be missed. The actor really should have pointed that out to somebody. It’s horribly unrealistic. So much that even on a fantasy show it still stands out enough to damage the suspension of disbelief for black people or anyone who lives around us. That process takes hours. Looking at his afro, more than 6 hours if it’s only 1 person braiding. Oliver and emergencies don’t seem like they can wait that long. I’m just saying.

1 Like

Every possible Titan from Mal through Kid Flash II.

2 Likes

Steel

3 Likes

John Stewart GL.

4 Likes

Mister Terrific!

7 Likes

Icon, his story is great. I really wish he were utilized more.

4 Likes

Cyborg or John Stewart

3 Likes

@LonelyLobo I have to agree with you on this one. Steel is awesome!

2 Likes

Amanda Waller
(Of all, Spawn)

3 Likes

Waller.

3 Likes

@WhySoSerious_Lo

When I was a kid the story of the original John Henry and his race against the digging machine was a favorite of mine and John Henry a childhood hero because of it.

Steel’s backstory fits into that so nicely that he reminds me of that childhood hero. I’d love to see him in a current series of his own.

1 Like

Static for sure. He should be DC’s spider-man tbh but i’m more than happy that miles has become so huge.

2 Likes

John Stewart

1 Like

Eartha Kitt’s Catwoman

2 Likes