Who Is the Best Batman Villain EVER!

Yeah, I was gonna come in and say Tom King, but my Lord, so many people beat me to it. His sense of humor has leprosy, and he writes women the same way Leatherface flirts with them. Dialogue so bad that it can summon Deadites if spoken aloud in the wrong forest. Be sure to donate to the GoFundMes for Mikel Janin, Joelle Jones, Tony Daniel, and David Finch because they all pulled their backs out carrying him.

But seriously, though, my favorite Batman villains are actually new ones. They’re not only post-Flashpoint, but Post-Rebirth.

They’re The Victim Syndicate.

The team is composed of civilians who were were disfigured physically and/or mentally during fights that Batman had with his villains. And they all want revenge.

They’re both a consequence and an inevitability. They’re the human cost of Batman being Batman. Yeah, Bruce didn’t wave his Bat-Wand and make all of his villains bad people, but he did give them all gimmicks, and a lot of people get caught in the crossfire.

The Victim Syndicate are the logical extreme of the DC Comics status quo. And I, for one, think that’s fascinating.

3 Likes

@Hiraeth It’s your baby girl! :poisonivy_hqas: :green_heart:

3 Likes

MR J. Is the overall obvious answer I think!,… if you allow yourself to indulge in (BESIDES) Scenarios I like Ra’s and Bane As contenders! … also a villain that does not get the love he deserves would be HUSH! … but his overall usage has suffered and been Stagnant/maligned since his introduction

6 Likes

So, while I think the Joker represents the best foil to Batman (chaos vs. order in a layered sense), I think the most formidable villain, and my personal favorite, is Ra’s al Ghul. He is Batman’s parallel in the same ways the Joker is his foil. He’s an idealist, and nothing is a more powerful motivating force than belief in a cause. I think all the best villains are the ones who feel “burdened with glorious purpose” - their threat is always as existentially philosophical as it is practical, which makes for poignant storytelling and allows heroes to grapple with and flesh out their own characters.

5 Likes

@NCharles39 Heart be still!! :heart_eyes::heart: Ivy’s facial expressions slay me…
I don’t know how weird it may seem to compare Harley’s expression of love for an egg sandwich with mine for Ivy… but anyway… :laughing::eyes:

4 Likes

@Hiraeth you excited for DC Fandome?

2 Likes

@Hyperia90 :clap::clap::clap: great Response!

3 Likes

@Hiraeth My love for Harley Quinn is reflected in her love for the egg sandwich.

3 Likes

@jdaego55.10147 Thanks! :grin:

2 Likes

I have to say it was hush, there are only a few villians that broke the bat, while bane physically broke Batman hush mentally broke him down, jokers done the same to him on multiple levels but hush was one of those villians that made it hard for Bruce to trust anyone, considering hush ended up being Tommy, Bruce’s closest friend, idk just the way I think about it

5 Likes

@Hiraeth I asked ‘cause I’m sure you’d swoon at the sight of…

4 Likes

Oh you know I will! :heart_eyes::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:bulb: One more thing!

:sleeping::green_heart:

3 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!! :heart_eyes::green_heart:

Alcohol has never made me do something I “regret”. I rarely drink anyway. I have a feeling Harley has a higher tolerance for alcohol than Ivy. :laughing:

3 Likes

Hush is a great answer, and welcome @cjamessimpson.97976!!

4 Likes

Roll “love” scene from Lovers’ Quarrel.

If Harls and Ive were really that drunk in this scene, they would be all flailing and drooling (or worse still, barfing) all over each other. :face_vomiting: But that’s not what we see. What we see is graceful undressing, a firm embrace, and playful wrestling. The fact that they didn’t have to be that drunk to fall into bed together makes me believe they were specifically “designed” for each other, which is why I specifically used the term “preordained” to describe their relationship in that post I made just before my birthday.

And yes, Ivy does look beautiful (and, frankly, super snuggly) when she sleeps. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Yes! Want that Catwoman suit reveal of Matt Reeves Batman movie SO bad! I want it to be purple I hope. You might say that’s kinda silly but we can just gone it down a little like it did to Hawkeye in the MCU.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch that show and I may not watch it soon, but it is funny for me to imagine. I imagine all the other characters just filming it. It’s pretty funny! :joy:

1 Like

Comic wise I really have taken a liking to Professor Hugo Strange Particularly during the Englehart/Rogers run

For the 60s TV Series My winner is Bookworm Hands down!

For Batman the animated series It’s a much tougher call but I really Lean in hard on Mark Hamill’s Joker

5 Likes

@NCharles39 I agree with all of this 100%! Thanks for bringing me back to “reality”, by the way. Though, I wasn’t implying that being intoxicated is the primary factor for why Ivy participated (though, it definitely seems that way; my bad :persevere:). What I meant is that alcohol has never influenced me to do something that I might be hesitant about otherwise (hence the quotations around regret). Then again… maybe I’ve never been intoxicated while in the presence of someone I feel that way for. :thinking:

I’m going to say this is definitely a fact! :sunglasses::heart_eyes:

3 Likes