Who is Drake

Bad things.
It’s a lot of bad things.
That they writin, they writin, they writin at DC.

Dan’s Plan

1 Like

Well that’s obvious from Ric Grayson!!!

When I think of “Drake” I think of a coffee cake. And as Jerry Seinfeld has stated they are fragile and crumble easily. Sort of of like this current story line with Tim Drake.

1 Like

They gotta get him back in that 1st Red Robin costume pre new 52! Or just something BETTER and a NEW NAME! That is just GOD AWFUL! that name that suit… GOTTA GO!

2 Likes

Playboy billionaire Bruce Batman…

3 Likes

Anything is better than Drake The Brown T$@d … I personally liked his red/black Domino mask Titans suit.

Drake Mallard, Darkwing Duck? There’s a crossover I’d pay to see. Won’t happen, of course, but still.

2 Likes

Battle Bird?

Is there a Black or Red Hawk…?

Has Tim ever been Oracle? It seems like such a good fit.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, but yes it’d be a good fit. He was/is supposedly the best detective out of the Robins and is obviously very tech savvy.

1 Like

Think they just need to find a way to give him a PROPER Nightwing Branchout moment his character deserves that!

2 Likes

I agree with that…and a new name. When he started out he was his own Robin. His own bad guys, his own personal and hero problems. They need to get back to that.

1 Like

Then they should give him a hero alias that won’t connect with his real name

1 Like

I fully expect his next code-name to be…Nibor!

2 Likes

he was Red Robin when the series began. I think the confusion lies in his most recent Red Robin costume looks like a normal Robin costume. Either that or inconsistencies when talking about Tim’s superhero persona

That’s surprisingly close to Goblin spelled backwards. :wink:

I thought this was Drake

1 Like

Tim Drake is everywhere and nowhere!

He lurks in the shadows as Bat’s has taught him. He is one of the less distracted and afflicted Robin’s. I do not know exactly when he was introduced, but I think the order of Robin’s to the best of my knowledge, trying to keep all timelines and arcs in tact is as follows: Dick Grayson, Tim Drake or Jason Todd (depending on arc), Damian Wayne, and “Glasses”, the first female Robin. Depending on different timelines Jason Todd and Tim Drake switch places. I think this is due to discrepancies between Young Justice and Titans.

And as of today, Jason Todd is alive and was not killed by the Joker, yet, because Bat’s kicked him out to go learn from the Titans. I get lost when trying to place Red Hood into this timeline because technically Dick just became Night Wing in Titans, so maybe Jason Todd is about to dawn the Red Hood and meet his fate at the hands of Joker. That would be a crazy start to Titans Season 3 huh? or Ending… I do not think that Tim Drake and Jason Todd exist in the same arc. I have not read all the comics, but I do not believe that Bat’s takes on another Robin, until Glasses, after Joker kills Jason Todd. Other than Damien, who is his son and he cannot stop from becoming Robin.

They do mention them at times in the same arc but I do not believe that they ever cross paths. Unlike Dick, Todd, and Damien arc where Damien learns about Todd in his training with Night Wing, under the movie arc, where Damien ends up a Titan. Or in the Young Justice arc where Dick moves on to become Night Wing and Drake, Red Robin, takes over the team in Invasion and then bounces around in Outsiders giving Garfield a chance to lead. Meanwhile Dick is running a covert team with Conner, Black Lightning, and Artemis. Tim Drake is leading a covert team with Bat’s and Garfield is leading the Outsiders. This is the most action Tim Drake has seen in years and I do not know where this character will go. But I think we are all living in two different, maybe even 3 different arcs between the movies, serials, and animated series at this point.

I do not think I answered the question. But I tried to provide a little more background to why I believe that Red Robin is less visible, right now, due to the wide acceptance of Damien Wayne as Bat’s son and the darker story line of Jason Todd that lines up better with how DC envisioned Titans.

So, yeah. Who is Tim Drake? I think I answered everything but who Tim Drake is. :laughing: :

I think because of the wide acceptance of Damien, which did not take hold until the recent animated films, as the next robin after the Hood. It is hard for DC to place Tim Drake outside of Young Justice. The fact that Cyborg disappears from Titans and Garth is added as Aqualad after Young Justice, it would be too confusing to have 2 separate arcs with different robins coming up under Dick, right?

Titans is much darker than Young Justice so it makes sense for the Young Justice team to have Tim Drake, instead of Todd, take on the new young justice and outsiders. Damien is already a Titan in the movies. Meanwhile, Jason Todd manifests as Red Hood in Titans the serial and I suspect that this will be the development of his arc within Titans, But the two cannot exist at the same time at this point within the same arc. Unless some paradox or crisis point where Flash changes everything, again and the Hood and Red Robin exist at the same time within the same arc, without Jason Todd being killed by the Joker.

We may all get to watch how DC plays this out since it is all started to crash into each other. This is where as comic fans we just need to stick with the multiverse and understand that all these stories and arcs are in different realities. Until Barry Allen messes with the speed force again, and changes everything, ugh! Barry!

:rofl: