Who got you hooked on DC?

Batman

‘89 and ‘92 Keaton Batman to be more specific sucked me in and have been a Batman fan ever since.

2 Likes

Adam West and Lynda Carter

1 Like

Batman…when I was two my Halloween costume was Batman then a year later when I turned three I had a plastic Batman mask and when I was around 5 I remember getting the retractable Batman cape base off the Christopher Nolan series. My fourth birthday was about Batman. My current room has a Batman mural so yeah safe to say Batman introduced me to DC.

1 Like

My dad

1 Like

Batman

1 Like

The character that got me back into comics after reading them pretty casually as a kid and teenager was Kyle Rayner. I remember wanting to get into comic books and gravitating towards Green Lantern because of the old Super Friends cartoon, but I was surprised to find a different guy in the costume. In order to find out how that came to be I picked up some trades. That’s where I got to know Connor Hawke and Wally West. I started reading a few current series (Green Arrow, The Flash, JSA) and then eventually started collecting back issues and discovering great series from the 80s and 90s (Firestorm, Starman, The Spectre). Twenty years later I’m still 100% DC and I owe it all to Kyle Rayner.

1 Like

DC animated universe from 1994

Adam West.

Grew up on DC and having an app see my faves is better than expected! Please bring back what was dropped. Everything is great except for Swamp Thing sorry but itcwas sooo boring & dragged on. I know you have to establish the story line but even Doom Patrol kept up the pace

I’d say Batman The Animated Series was my biggest gateway drug. I also had a single Robin comic, issue zero, when I was young. It was not until my mid-teens that a friend gave me most of the comics in the Reign of the Supermen storyline that I really became invested. After that, things kind of exploded, tapered off during college when time and money was tight and then exploded ridiculously after college.

Knowing the Batman mythos fairly well from Batman The Animated Series gave me the opportunity to really delve into all the Batman books with a good starting point, and from there, the rest of the universe came into view. There are still several areas I don’t know well, but there are few things I haven’t at least touched. Also, Tim Drake Robin became my favorite hero perhaps because of that early issue.

I’m 70, and I loved Superman as a kid. I bought Action, Superman, World’s Finest, and even Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane.

Then I started reading Green Lantern and the Flash. I loved JLA. In a year or two, a Certain Other Company made history and seems to be doing rather well.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Subscribing to DCU has made me fall back in love with the OG superhero, and the purest of them all.

2 Likes

For me it was the original Christopher Reeve Superman movie released in 1978. I had been into some rival material before that, but learning about the upcoming Superman movie prompted me to learn more about the guy in the cool costume with a Cape! Reading his history, I became captivated by the idea of an alien with inhuman powers, raised as a human, by humans. As unrelatable as his extensive powers may be, the small town, middle of nowhere existence he grew up with is entirely relatable. . That is what made him Superman, not his powers, or his alienness. It was the influence of where he grew up, but even more than that, it was the influence of Jonathan and Martha Kent.

Guess what, Supes is still my favorite.

For me it was always dick Grayson aka robin growing up but lately it’s been Harley Quinn I’m hooked on here right now

I saw the cover to Invasion! #3, and picked up Invasion! #1 from the bins. I came back later the same day to pick up issues 2 & 3.

It wasn’t a single character. The whole universe was cohesive and interesting. I probably have 80% of the DC comics between Invasion! and Zero Hour, and I paid for almost all of them by mowing lawns.

Favorite character: Katar Hol, or Hal Jordan (but both from the early 90’s)

1 Like

I thought invasion was a comparatively good crossover for that generation. Some of those early ones like Millenium were awful.

I think DC One Million might be my favorite.

1 Like

The 90’s animated series

2 Likes

Batman 1989

1 Like

Zatanna :grin:

1 Like