Which writer would you like to write at DC (either for the first time or return)?

Cary Bates, Elliot S! Maggin, Chuck Dixon and the great Denny Oā€™Neil on just about anything at DC right NOW!!!

1 Like

I mean, a few years ago I woulda said ā€œBendisā€ with no hope itā€™s be a reality, but life truly can be stranger than fiction!

I would be interested in a Jason Aaron on a Batman/Bat-Family title. Or Donny Cates on Teen Titans. Or Dan Slott on Superman.

I always longed for a year-long swap of Marvel and DC writers/artists, all out of continuity, just let them do ā€œtheirā€ story and then be out. No chance of course, but my fanboy heart can dream

1 Like

I think I would sooner put Aaron on a Superman title ā€“ his take on Thor kind of reminded me of ā€œwhat if Superman was a reformed frat douchebag.ā€ Could be interesting to see how he would portray the Man of Steel.

But keep Dan Slott away fromā€¦pretty much every character, really. After his abysmal Spider-Man, I pretty much avoid anything he touches.

3 Likes

Chuck Wendig is currently my favorite working author, comic books and otherwise. Iā€™d love to see him do a batwoman, spoiler etc. run.

2 Likes

I thought about Aaron on Superman because his Thor run was magnificent, but I thought Iā€™d like to see him take a ā€œgroundedā€ character for a bit and play around with it.

I really enjoyed Slottā€™s run on Spider-Man, but can totally understand where people could have not taken to it. I do think that his love for the characters comes through and I dig that

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see Greg Rucka come back, I think he could handle a Black Label Batwoman story like no ones business.

2 Likes

Matt Wagner on anything he wants to write
Kevin Smith on a Green Arrow/Supergirl team-up

2 Likes

[Left side-mouth]I think Mr_Morbach should write for DC Comics!
[Right Side-mouth] Yeah, thatā€™s a great idea!

Guys, stop, youā€™re embarrassing me!

Iā€™d love to see Charles Soule come back and have his own run of Swamp Thing that he could start and finish.

3 Likes

Rucka is already back, heā€™s been writing a Lois Lane maxi-series.

That said, I certainly wouldnā€™t say no to more of him writing Kate.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, didnā€™t realize. Iā€™d ask if itā€™s good, but itā€™s Rucka, so Iā€™m sure the answer is yes. The man is pretty great. Every time a new issue of Lazarus drops it makes my week.

2 Likes

chip zdarsky! I would love too see him do a run on lobo, or maybe blue beetle

3 Likes

Stephen King

3 Likes

Ta-Nehisi Coates on Cyborg or Black Lightning

2 Likes

Me!

Ron Marz, give him a GL title again

3 Likes

Returning talent:

-Ed Brubaker
-Allan Heinberg
-Joe Kelly
-Jeph Loeb
-Brad Meltzer
-William Messner-Loebs
-Mark Schultz
-Gail Simone (sheā€™s writing for The Flash Giant now, but Iā€™d like to see her return to the core DCU line too)
-Kevin Smith
-J. Michael Straczynski
-Mark Waid

New Fish:

-Jonathan Hickman

3 Likes

I like this pick. But then I looked up what he has been doing lately, and now I really want them to hire him.

3 Likes

I had no idea about Messner-Loebs situation, itā€™s tragic. DC should step up and give him some work.

2 Likes