Which writer would you like to write at DC (either for the first time or return)?

I really miss Jeph Loeb and would love for him to come back to DC and write again. I loved his Batman stories so much and would love to see him write Batman again or something like The Question.

I would also LOVE Jonathan Hickman and Donny Cates to write at DC. Especially Hickman. It would be fun to see him write The Authority or even the Justice League.

Do you have a writer (from history or currently) that you would want to write at DC and it so what character or team would you want them to write?

9 Likes

Hickman has said in the past that his dream project left is to do Legion of Super Heroes. I would love to see that.

As for other writers…I’d love to see Brian K. Vaughn do something, maybe in a Black Label book where he could tell his own story.

With Greg Rucka working with DC, I’d love to see Ed Brubaker also return.

5 Likes

Brubaker would be great.

I’ve heard rumors that Bendis’s LOSH story is Hickmans pitch just tweaked. We will probably never know but that it was interesting.

2 Likes

Another Jeff Smith book would be very exciting.

4 Likes

After reading KILL OR BE KILLED, I think Ed Brubaker could do an absolutely killer run on Red Hood.

5 Likes

Overall, I would like to see Paul Dini have a lengthy run on something. Other suggestions of Brubaker are awesome as well. Greg Rucka also please.

4 Likes

I’d love to see Steve Sadowski come back to do some art. His work on JSA in the 2000’s was spectacular!

2 Likes

I want another Sterling Gates run on Supergirl, and I want Shea Fontana on the old DCSHG series again.

While Amy Wolfram (+ Yancey Labat) did a stellar job on “At Metropolis High”, I miss the old series and would love another old run.

I’d want Hope Larson on Batgirl again, or even better on a Supergirl/Batgirl book.

4 Likes

John Broome
Elliot S! Maggin

One of those is more likely than the other.

3 Likes

I so want Hickman to be at DC. My wish is for him to be on Superman.

4 Likes

Agreed on Gates! I loved his run on Supergirl. Even though most of his work tied into the New Krypton saga, he still found time to add little character bits and seed future plot threads!

4 Likes

Another vote for Hickman. East of West is amazing, and The Manhattan Projects was insane! Oh, and because of him I’m reading a mutant book again, that rotten so and so.

3 Likes

I want DeMatteis, Giffen, and Maguire back on a new book. Doesn’t really have to be JLI, but should feature at least a couple of those characters (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold)! I think they might be good for a Teen Titans book as well. I love the dynamic they put in place between characters on their team books.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kelly Puckett come back, hopefully fix the mess that’s been made of one of his creations.

1 Like

I assume you’re talking about Connor Hawke, @Mr_Morbach — and I completely agree. :flash_hv_5:

If you haven’t tried it, you should definitely take a look at Justice League 3000/3001. It’s mostly Giffen, but it really feels like a spiritual successor to the JLI run, and even features Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, as well as other characters in different forms, such as Fire, Ice and Guy – now Gal Gardner.

6 Likes

I read the first couple of issues, but it was at a weird time in my comic book life. Will definitely give it another try.

1 Like

A great choice!

1 Like

I’ll concur that the first half of JL3000 is fantastic. It does dip towards the end, though, I’ve gotta admit

1 Like

1 Like