šŸ“šWhich Underrated Series Deserves An Omnibus or Absolute Edition? šŸ“š

Lets seeā€¦
Warlord certainly. As far as I know its DCs longest running fantasy series and its one of the greatest works of sword and sorcery to ever be written. Yet despite that, hardly anyone in the modern day has even heard of the thing, and trying to collect it is a trial. One canā€™t even find it on DC Universe.

On a similar note, Arak Son of Thunder would be a nice one to see. The longest running comic book starring a native american character. Arak had a fascinating run and an amazing series of adventures which would be a delight to see collected.

Finally, some of those older anthologies like All American Comics would be nice. The chance to see those classic golden age heroes in old timey adventures. Not soley the big names like Green Lantern but other figures such as Red Tornado or Gay Ghost.

5 Likes

Hey @nuuninuunani, thanks for the request for some of the lesser known series! Iā€™ve added them to the list for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see Omnibuses of Kurt Busiek and Geoff Johns Pre-Flashpoint Superman work that came out right after Infinite Crisis. That was a great era for Superman and Busiekā€™s Superman work in particular deserves to be recollected and read. Perfect time to do so with Superman & Lois drawing so heavily from that era.

3 Likes

Hi @RepHope, thanks for the request! I added this to the list for you - I agree that the timing is particularly good for such an omnibus. :smiley:

2 Likes

The Huntress: Origins collected the first half of the Huntress (Helena Wayne) stories from the late '70s/early '80s. It would be great to get a follow-up book that collects the rest of them. Those would be the ones from Wonder Woman (1942) #296-299, 301-321. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, @KookieSuperApe! Iā€™ve passed it along. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seconding (or thirding?) Absolute Multiversity! And while weā€™re at it, bring on Multiversity Too!

Just reminded today about all three Earth 2 series from the New 52. These would definitely make a great Omnibus.

Also, I know itā€™s not as popular, but I thoroughly enjoyed Convergence and would love to see it all collected.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know youā€™re so interested in those, @AhlGodOfSuperheroes! Iā€™ve added them to our list.

1 Like

DCUI currently has three ā€œStorylinesā€ collecting the Triangle Era of Superman comics:

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/collections/story-superman-triangle-era

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/collections/story-superman-triangle-era-vol2

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/collections/story-superman-triangle-era-v3

However, this cross-title narrative began before they started using the Triangle numbers.

I would like to request that a collection be put together of all the Superman comics, in order, beginning after John Byrneā€™s Man of Steel miniseries up to the beginning of the first Triangle Era collection.

Iā€™m trying to read through them and I keep losing my place :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Hey there @scarecroe and, once again, thanks for suggesting a useful feature! Without collections in DCUI, I would be lost too, so Iā€™ve definitely added this into our list of wanted features! If thereā€™s anything else, you know what to do! :smiley:

3 Likes

In the meantime, Iā€™ve been trying to find ā€œreading ordersā€ for post-Crisis Superman, and unfortunately a lot of them online arenā€™t very good.

I donā€™t know why I didnā€™t think to check there before, but the best Superman site on the internet for years and years has been the Superman Homepage. And it should come at no surprise that theirs is the most comprehensive list.

Superman Homepage: Superman Comics Index (1986-2011)

I thought it would be appropriate to link it here since itā€™s doesnā€™t come up very high in the search results for this topic on Google.

Happy reading!

PS: donā€™t know why this got merged with a thread about Absolute Editions (itā€™s not really related), but I hope someone found this helpful.

3 Likes

hitman

1 Like

Hello! Iā€™ve noted the recent requests and sent them on up to the team.

2 Likes

Would love an Absolute ot Dennis O Neilā€™s The Question. Canā€™t believe there already isnā€™t on the market.

6 Likes

Hi @adamabdul1982.73758 - Welcome to the community! Iā€™ve added this to our list of requested features and sent it up to the team. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us moderators if you need anything! :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome, Adam! You are among friends here ā€” thatā€™s on the top of my wish list as well.

4 Likes

Thank you! I just recently read it on the app and was blown away by how great it is. Definitely one of my all time favourite comic runs.

4 Likes

Green Lantern: Bronze Age. GL #s 107-171 have never been collected in graphic novel form.

3 Likes

@barryallen888 Great request, thank you :slight_smile: I added it to our handy dandy list!

2 Likes

Stephanie Brown: Batgirl (since the current TPB prints are in ā€œKeep Circulating the Tapesā€ status). Maybe add a new final story to make up for that garbage Batman Inc sendoff for Steph.

I second Oā€™Neillā€™s The Question.

An omnibus edition of the Batman film adaptations would be great (I have all four, and the Deluxe of the 1989 film. But these are neat historical curiousities). The cover artwork on Batman and Robin actually makes it look badass.

DCā€™s Star Trek (some of the first comics I had! I picked up a bunch at a yard sale as a kid).

6 Likes