Which Superman Film Is Worse?

Rachel is forgettable. Her fate was disappointing, but still forgettable.

It’s kind of the opposite of that actually about the “give them a love interest” part.

I’ll be honest with everyone… I’m not a fan of this feminist movement when it comes to Hollywood films. If you take a look at the live-action Mulan, 2019 Charlie’s Angels, Captain Marvel, Terminator: Dark Fate, SHE-HULK, etc., they all came out like garbage. Is it the writing and direction? YES, but it’s also the fact that those studios became far too focused on the female empowerment aspect, rather than building up those characters to match the theme of female empowerment, to make that theme actually worth it. To show I’m not being sexist towards anyone, let me use the Mulan example…

You can consider the og Mulan film to be a feminist film, right? Many will say yes, but you don’t hear anybody complaining about the movie as much as it’s live-action remake. They both show strong female lead, who takes her fathers place in fighting in the war, she makes the men look kind of weak at some point, and she takes the lead and saves everybody. The difference between the two versions is that the original Mulan had drive, purpose and SHE MADE MISTAKES. The latest Mulan had none of that. Only factor that pushed her was she’s taking dad’s position. That’s it! Throughout that entire remake, she rarely makes mistakes, she immediately makes men look like fools, and she somehow magically had this power inside her the whole time. No real development, realization or anything. That’s the fatal flaw that many female-led or feminist-labeled projects make. There’s no growth. You can consider 2017’s Wonder Woman film and WandaVision feminist projects. But those did a great job with characters, storytelling, and everything. Wonder Woman (The first one) was a success for women because it captured WW’s femininity, power, etc. But she had emotion and made mistakes. So did Wanda in WandaVision; lots of emotion in that storyline. The mistake that these feminist films make is that their this badass from beginning to end, with no real substance in the story. Wonder Woman (2017), WandaVison, Alien (1979), PREY (2022, which I highly recommend. It’s the story of the Predator species first coming to Earth), and these very few films that actually make women grow in power throughout the story.

Many feminist films today, just add a female lead, make a man look useless, and say some “cool” female power catchphrase. That’s not what makes a feminist film. I’m not against powerful females, I’m not a girl, I’m not gay in any way, but I’ve lived through my childhood, and teen years with all females. I’ve never had a man participate in raising me. What I know is that female empowerment films are NOTHING without showing a woman’s weakness and growth in order to become this powerful woman by the end of the story. If you want to inspire some women out there in the world, make some truly effective stories, shake them up a little bit and make people actually feel something with your movies.

I got a little carried away there lol, but some things just make sense.

4 Likes

What movie is that?

Edit: Oh, nevermind lol. Ryan George actually touches on that subject in his Pitch Meeting.

I dunno. I can take or leave Mulan. It did give us the Be A Man song which I find so ridiculously entertaining. Never saw the new one. Don’t ever plan to because F Disney, that’s why.

2 Likes

I do not need any online reviewer to tell me that. I saw it when I was 10 or 11 excited to see my favorite Superhero in a big movie not knowing he was about to be my ex-favorite.

1 Like

Best part of Superman Returns is Kevin Spacey, lol.

3 Likes

I found it kind of funny.

Agreed. (And I already have a healthy disdain for Begins.)

That being said: no matter what my heart says, my head says Quest for Peace.

2 Likes

Superman 4 all the way! I wish Jeremy said NO to this movie, I never thought I would hate the kid more then a villain, guess he’s mister know it all by thinking Superman can solve all the problem.
The writers of this movie seem so clueless and probably unaware that President Reagan was doing something right, and this movie probably could’ve hurt any chances to end cold war had Govberov has seen this.
Rocky 4 is a different story, but only better. The special effects were also terrible, Did a high school film editing worked on this movie? George Reeves Superman seem better with cheap special effect.
I have roast this movie far too long. :grin:

5 Likes

[Superman destroys nukes then uses super hearing].

People everywhere: Help! We’re being invaded.

3 Likes

and was likelable

3 Likes

Do you like Superman and The Mole Men, the original superhero film?

1 Like

Are you talking about the video? I accepted years ago I do not like his style. As a very nostalgia critic fan I do not need morevreview shows in my feed.

2 Likes

Still haven’t seen it.

Rocky IV is awesome!

Plus, was there ever any protocol or agreement between the other nations consenting to Superman coming to take your nukes? I cannot help but feel the plot kinda informed the first episode of Justice League, lol.

2 Likes

I have noticed that only ONE person (I think) looked at the NC video I suggested. It starts with a (no joke) song that says that Man of Steel is unoriginal.
For convenience, I’ve listed the lyrics:

Superman: I lost my parents in childhood
Grew up a loner no one understood
And spent years brooding as an aimless drifter
But, through the inspiring words of my father
I’ll become a symbol, an icon
A savior to restore hope to those who have none

Batman: umm, you mean like batman?

Superman: I traveled the world as a bearded outcast to discover who I am

Batman: been there done that

Superman: My friends only speak to me in exposition and speeches about how important and unique I am

Batman: Been there done that

Superman: If you ask my life story, I would tell it to you out of order and disjointed

Superman: I often have flashbacks out of nowhere about how important my destiny is

Superman: I wear dark, tight costume

Batman: Ditto

Superman: with a long flowing cape too

Batman: I think we shop at the same store

Superman: I have a wise father figure who isn’t my father at all

Batman: suck my balls

Chorus:
I’m superman
I’m the freaking’ man of steal
No one can do what I can
I am the real deal
I’m the most unique super hero that this world’s ever seen

Batman: except for me

Superman: I’m mentally depressed and psychologically tortured

Batman: not special

Superman: I’ve stared into the vast empty void and have come out scarred yet responsibly stronger

Batman: same

Superman: I reflect when I’m in my giant, dark, empty fortress

Batman: sounds familiar

Superman: I want to save people, but under my protection the civilian death toll has tripled

Batman: oops

Superman: I’m an awkward nerd-

Batman: No you’re not, you’re an emo hunk every women wants to sleep with

Superman: Ok, you’re right about that

Batman: over here

Superman: I have a bland but independent girlfriend who I still have to save most the time

Batman: oh you mean like mine!?
Listen up twerp
You can’t be who I am
Your a speedy pretty boy I’m the freaking batman
The dark brooding loner is my thing ya see
And Zack Snyder sure ain’t gonna to take that from me
I am Batman
Better then the man of steel
You should know who I am
I’m the OG real deal
I’m the most unique super hero that this worlds has ever seen
So don’t steal my thing

Superman: No, I’m superman
I’m the freaking’ man of steel
I do whatever I can, way more then the batman will
To save the day, I’ll do whatever I can, I’ve even killed a man!

Batman: Jesus, guy!

Superman: He was going to kill some random people I didn’t know

Batman: Dude, I didn’t even kill the insane clown who murdered my girlfriend

Superman: Oh…

Batman: You’re sick

Superman: No…I’m SUPERMAN!

Narrator: Coming Summer 2015, the Batman Superman Movie. Two of the Most Polar Opposite Superheroes Coming Together at Last

*Music stops *

Superman AND Batman: Oh, f#ck you, Zach Snyder.

2 Likes

I am a huge NC fan, and I have already seen that many times.

1 Like

No, it was give them to me or I will destroy you.

That was an obvious take that.

Wow, how democratic. And this is pre-Injustice. So Superman was dark decades before all this stuff ppl moan about, lol.

1 Like

Superman was very dark in the 1930s. Superman '78 is actually a very dark movie. Superman The Animated Series is very dark.

Superman has always been very dark.

1 Like

No no no no no you can’t say things like that. He’s always been the Andy Griffith of Super Heroes!

1 Like