Which DC Movie Do You Wish Had a Tie-In Game?

There was a time when nearly every superhero movie release was accompanied by a videogame tie-in. Recently, these tie ins have become virtually non existent (probably for good reason, because for the most part, they’re pretty terrible or at least mediocre). But still, which DC movie do you think could’ve had a fun game? As far as I know, the only movies to get direct tie-ins were Green Lantern, Batman Begins, Superman Returns, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Batman Forever and I guess Watchmen (there’s probably some that I’m forgetting, though). Oh, and then there was also a Justice League VR game. I’m not counting various LEGO games and skins for the Injustice or Arkham series.

Personally, I think a game based on Wonder Woman could’ve been great. I mean, imagine getting to play as Wondy charging across No Man’s Land! But a BvS game could’ve been cool if it allowed for a more fleshed out version of the story (although I guess really that’s just Injustice, right?). So what do you think? What movie could’ve been a pretty good, but still average tie in game?

1 Like

I dint keep up on games that much anymore, but a WW movie tie-in game would be great.

If animated movies count, then a tie-in to Superman/Batman: Apocalypse would have been fun.

You could roam around Apokolips and destroy stuff, beat up Parademons and the like, take on the Furies, etc. Ending it with the ability to kick Darkseid’s hinder on the Kent farm would be fun too.

Historically, the animated movies haven’t had video game tie-ins, but that’s one I’d diddle around with.

2 Likes

@TornadoSoup To add to your list of movie based video game tie-ins, Batman, Batman Returns and Batman & Robin had them as well.

2 Likes

The Batman and Robin game was SUPER ambitious. It’s not fun, but you have to respect them for trying so much. And Batman '89 had tons, including an arcade game.

I’d say Suicide Squad. Squad-based shooter with unlockable characters who weren’t in the movie. There was a pretty good mobile FPS, but it’s long gone. Same with the Dark Knight Rises (which was pretty ambitious, itself).

1 Like

Shazam would be a fun game.
You can fight monsters and robots. A dancing mini-game.

1 Like

I would like to have seen an Aquaman game, because the sea is open to all sorts of exploration. They have had open adventure games underwater, but I could see a Mario like underwater swimming game with goals set by Aquaman being fun to play.

1 Like

Batman Ninja is dying for a tie in video game. I imagine something like the Musou/Warriors series where you mow down beautiful cel shaded fields of enemies as a stylized array of Batfamily members.

2 Likes

Batman '66.

Make it a 90’s style four-player side-scroller (ala TMNT) with a whole bunch of flashy ‘Bang’ and ‘Pow’ effects. Add in a ‘Some Days You Just Can’t Get Rid of a Bomb’ level and everything. Throw in Batmobile levels (and Batcopter and Batboat). Make sure all the villains have their schticks, put the final boss level on top of Penguin’s submarine … and just go to town. (Gotham City, that is).

1 Like

Aquaman would honestly be a better video game than it was a movie. It’s basically just a loosely-connected string of boss fights anyway.

2 Likes