Where to Start?

Just getting into the DC Comics Universe as I have been solely the M-word devotee and was looking on where to start. Am I better to pick one character and start linearly, pick a year or an event and bounce back and forth. I’ve enjoyed the Dark Knight movies as well as some of the new DCU-etc… and much of the Arrowverse so wondering where I should start. Just a bit overwhelming…

2 Likes

You are pretty safe to start with any of the titles with Rebirth at the end of the name as those are the current runs.

If you are looking for older stuff I would check out Longbow Hunters for Green Arrow and Legend of the Dark Knight for the Bat.

1 Like

Check out the “Master Thread: I’m new to DC Comics, what should I read?” thread in this section (scroll down a bit, and you’ll see it) for oodles of wonderful suggestions =)

2 Likes

Or scroll down and read my Rebirth Reading Order. All of the series on the list are great and re went enough, that you may feel somewhat “caught up”

1 Like

If you enjoyed the Batman movies recently, I think you should definitely check out Scott Snyder (writer) and Greg Capullo’s (artist) Batman run, from 2011-2016. That was a great run and is a good jumping on point for a new Bat fan