Where have our comics gone If you are upset like I am let them know

When Manhunter got removed people were upset it got removed so they brought it back with a 2 week promise “ We will post it on Watchtower and we will not remove anything without a 2 week notice”. Well , in 2 weeks they broke the promise and Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn 1&2 has been removed with no notice and it was only here since Tuesday

8 Likes

I’m not upset. More like disappointed.

I had downloaded Emerald Dawn 2 to read this weekend off internet. Alas …

Fortunately I had some downloaded Comixology stuff to read instead.

Yeah we were told that if things were removed they would give us notice. I was on issue four or six. Please.fix DC :disappointed:

1 Like

I will be moving this thread over to our “Comic Books” section, as the Watchtower is reserved for official DC Universe posts only.

Lonely Lobo if you didn’t delete the dowbload try opening the app with a device not connected to the internet (put your phone or tablet on airplane mode). It should still allow you to read stuff that’s deleted (unless they have fixed that particular bug).

1 Like

@Applejack (or whichever mod looks at this next), what happened here? It does seem like these books are missing. Were they taken down in error? Did you provide notice and we didn’t see it? What’s the story?

2 Likes

Our decision to remove Emerald Dawn is specific to this title and is not reflective of our ongoing efforts to expand our library, and we now consider the matter closed.

We completely understand some people are upset, but the fact remains that we will not be representing Emerald Dawn on our service.

Should you wish to issue a complaint, you may do so in our Help Center at yourdcu.com/help .

3 Likes

I appreciate the response @Applejack, but found it atypically cold and certainly not promoting of the open conversation you all have feigned. This sequence of events does strike me as contradictory to previous statements. I’m still hoping for the best and really appreciate everything you all do, but the trust you said you all wanted to earn is definitely damaged by this, at least for me. I can only assume that this decision was made above your pay grade. It’s unfortunate that your bosses have undermined the promises of two-week notice you all made.

7 Likes

I am guessing there are extenuating circumstances, I fully believe there is no way DCU put it and took it down so quickly (especially after promoting it being added) by design, clearly something happened that we likely can’t be made aware of. Sorry if I opened a can of worms bringing it up.

4 Likes

I agree with Batman and am very surprised how poorly this was handled and communicated. Sure hope dcu does better in the future.

5 Likes

Yep. This doesn’t fill me with any confidence in this service. I totally get that stuff happens and that things will get pulled on short notice. What frustrates me to no end is that the first response being made about this is days after the fact when something should have been said day of.

4 Likes

This has likely been removed because of the personal problems of one of the writers. Completely understandable and I believe this is a one off. Don’t panic!

4 Likes

Am I missing something? What’s wrong with Emerald Dawn that it had to be summarily taken down?

1 Like

Baseballmaniac google Gerard Jones and you will understand.

2 Likes

Yep a simple Google tells you why. Circumstances change not a problem with the service

2 Likes

@jlange if that is the reason they were removed, then it should be stated. By not acknowledging the reason, DC is attracting more attention.

3 Likes

A Google doesn’t tell you why. It’s an assumption. Only a DCU representative can tell us why.

Personally, I hope your assumption isn’t true. The comic is good. I got a chance to read it before it was taken down. And I read it when I was a kid. According to the credits, Gerard Jones wrote dialogue. He didn’t write plot, do inking, penciling, coloring, or editing.

I don’t condone Gerard Jones. But some people object to Alan Moore’s personal life. And I’d hate to see Watchmen, Swamp Thing, or any other title censored.

5 Likes

While I acknowledge how difficult a thing this must be to navigate for DC’S PR department, I agree with @harley.333. DC has profited off the book for nearly 20 years. Are they just going to erase the book from history? Probably not. In fact, I could go buy it on Comixology right now. This seems like they created an unnecessary controversy, and have now drawn attention to the fact that they stand to profit off the book in other arenas. But I get it. In these times, it’s hard to stand behind your product when decisions you made 20 years ago come to roost.

2 Likes

I’ll say this. I think DC was fine with it happening but DCU wasn’t. Take it or leave it

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson I’ll take it and leave it. Haha. It’s a difficult, not black and white, circumstance.

2 Likes