Where Do I Go After Reading Final Crisis?

Recommendation??

2 Likes

If you want to know what happened to Batman, you can read The Return of Bruce Wayne:

4 Likes

The Final Crisis Aftermath mini-series are one option:

â—Ź Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance
â—Ź Final Crisis Aftermath: Escape
â—Ź Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink
â—Ź Final Crisis Aftermath: Run

2 Likes

Some of those minis were a little iffy.

I’d just jump straight to Multiversity.

2 Likes

I was thinking about reading blackest Night …

2 Likes

Yes, some of the Aftermath minis are iffy, particularly Ink and Run. Dance however is quite fun.

Of the options presented so far, Blackest Night is the best, especially if you’re wanting to jump from one event to the next.

2 Likes

1 Like

Well, I opened the back door and let out a primal scream. That’s how angry I was after reading that mess.

3 Likes

i think i heard that scream :laughing:

2 Likes

Have you read any of the Final Crisis tie-ins, @Zeus_769? Rogues Revenge and Legion of 3 Worlds are quite entertaining.

Granted, those took place during Final Crisis (although, in our world, the last issue of 3 Worlds came out long after FC ended), but they’re a good way of expanding your overall Final Crisis experience.

I followed up Final Crisis with Blackest Night. AFAIK it is the next big crossover event, if you’re trying to read all of those (which is what I’ve been doing, slowly). I wanted to point out that the app helpfully has two reading lists within the Blackest Night storyline, one of them being the “core storyline” (30 issues) and the other being the “full storyline” (73 issues). I think you could go with either one, depending on how much the side stories interest you.

After that, though, you’ll probably want to read “Brightest Day,” which follows immediately after. The downside with that one is that there is no “core storyline” reading list, and the full list is 115 issues. It has some really cool sub-plots in it (I was a fan especially of the Justice League: Generation Lost story), but it can be a bit of a slog. I read through all of them and have since been taking a break from reading the big crossovers. You could just go with the actual Brightest Day issues and probably get the essential story, but I think you’d be left wondering about a lot. But on the other hand I’m sure a good portion of those 115 issues could be jettisoned without affecting much. I imagine if you searched around you could find some kind of fan list of the best tie-in issues to read.

1 Like

yea i read them the rogues revenge i enjoyed reading a lot. seeing that side of the flash’s enemy was entertaining :smiley: but legion was kinda ehh too me .

1 Like

Its like you read my mind and knew exactly what i did and planned on doing haha :exploding_head: , but yea i was thinking about reading blackest night then brightest day and finally flashpoint even though i seen the animated movie so i kinda have a general idea of what the core theme is about.

1 Like