Where Can I Study DC Geology?

I’m working on building some various prop artifacts from across the DC universe, and my goal is to make them as tactile and believable as possible. So, in instances of things like Kryptonite and Nth metal, I’d like to research as much I can about the characteristics of those materials. What real-world minerals are they most comparable to? What is the hardness of Nth metal? What kind of radiation does Kryptonite produce? All of these and more.

Is there a particular resource book or run or anything of the sort that delves into the finer details of DC’s fictional minerals?

1 Like

FWIW, I seem to recall that in the silver age, krytronite cam from beneath the mantle of the planet. Beyond that there isn’t anything special about kryptonite beyond the fact that it has specific types of radiation decay rates making it green, red, blue, gold, etc. But that is just what I seem to recall from my silver age data bank.

The best thing to do is probably Ask the…Question.

2 Likes

Y’know, I probably oughta, but I think I’ve submitted enough questions over there for a whole article and I don’t wanna be too overbearing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have anything to say about this @HubCityQuestion?

1 Like