What's Your Most Embarrassing DC Comic Reading Blindspot?

I completely know the feeling.

Years ago, when I finally found the original trade of The Flash: Blood Will Run, I knew that my years-long search for that OOP tome was worth it.

I’ve since sold that book, but the memory of searching for it, as well as when I finally found it, will live on.

4 Likes

Outside of online fan forums? I’m pretty comfortable with my DC comics knowledge. Here? I’m a total novice compared to many of the fine folks that post stuff day in & day out. Worst blind spot? There’s many, but given my love for Superman, I would say my Golden Age and Silver Age reading on the character need more work than most.

5 Likes

Well, I finally read Crisis on Infinite Earths:

So, I can cross that one off my list.

And I can no longer claim that I’ve never read a single DC event series.

I’ve now read a single DC event series.

I’ll get to the rest of 'em, I swear.

Eventually.

Someday.

5 Likes

Most of them suck. Day of Judgment is the one that sticks out by breaking the usual formula.

3 Likes

Even the other ones penned by Johns?

(P.S. I have a high tolerance level for suckage.)

3 Likes

My biggest blind spot is anything Flashpoint and beyond. But as I’m trying to read the DC universe as chronologically as I can. I’ll get there. Eventually.

4 Likes

He is the only one with any chance of success.

4 Likes

I took a break from reading rebirth stuff right before the Batman And catwoman wedding and now its been like three years and I still haven’t gotten around to reading the rest of Batman’s rebirth books

6 Likes

For me it’s Animal Man, Shade the Changing Man, and the whole “Death of Superman” storyline.

4 Likes

I’ve read countdown to final crisis but i didnt actually read final crisis

the killing joke, never read it and dont plan on reading it ever. i hate the joker, his only redeemable quality is being voiced by mark hamill

Also almost anything published before 2000

5 Likes

Not missing anything.

Has some good lines but mostly underwhelming.

You are missing great stuff from 1999 like when you crossed over with Stargirl.

4 Likes

Honestly, Killing Joke isn’t for everyone. And you aren’t missing much anyway.

3 Likes

Ok ok…. Well I hope I don’t get too much flac, but I never finished the Dark Night’s Metal storyline.
I started it, got about half way thru, but I’m having trouble keeping enough enthusiasm to get me over the finish line. :pensive::unamused:

4 Likes

I never even started it, and I am The Dark Knight.

2 Likes