What's your favorite series?

At the moment-The Legion of Superheros-just like it was in the late 70’s/early 80’s

2 Likes

Morrison run on Doom Patrol.
Moore run on Swamp Thing.
Kingdom Come.
Jurgens on Superman.
Dixon run on Robin.
Sandman Mystery Theater.
Dark Knight Returns.
King on Mister Miracle.

Recently Martian Manhunter.

3 Likes

I made a list:

1. Super Sons (2017)
  2. Hawkman (2018)
  3. Superman (2016)
  4. Nightwing (2016)
  5. Wolverine: Origins (I know it’s not DC, but I like Wolverine)
    Keep in mind that I am new to comics and I only started reading them last year. So far I have been through mainly Rebirth and later on in the New 52.
2 Likes

Probably Injustice, it kept me enthralled the entire time.
Super Sons was adorable and entertaining.
The Young Justice show tie-in comics I also really liked because I liked the show so much and wanted more content!

1 Like

I started reading comics with the start of the New 52 because it was just the perfect jumping on point. I never knew where to start before. But have since gone back and read older stuff.
Grayson is my favorite. It was a great series! Tim Seeley did great with the writing and the art was completely consistent! It was sleek, sexy and really put Grayson’s personality in the spotlight. But sadly while Seeley’s Nightwing run is good all the things that made Grayson great didn’t come over with it. It lost its sexiness and Seeley’s writing felt rushed since he had to be connected to Batman and his stories. Better Than Batman needed to be way longer and not so easy. After that he seemed stuck behind “The Run-Offs” and they really took away from what could’ve been some great colorful foes for him. It had a small resurgence once creative teams changed and we got The Judge story and the Wyrm story (that was sadly never finished due to Batman #55). Now, they’re doing the terrible “I’M AMNESIAC RIIIIIIIC” thing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: DC just doesn’t know what to do with him because they keep using him as a sidekick/plot device for Batman rather than letting the character stand alone and leaving the writers to do their work. Being separated has made for Dick’s best stories since New 52 started and you won’t find it anywhere else but in Grayson.
Some of my other favorite series have been:
Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang’s Wonder Woman run in 2011
Chuck Dixon’s run on Nightwing in the 90s
Batman: The Long Halloween
Marv Wolfman and George Perez’s run on The New Teen Titans

1 Like

Definitely has to be Nightwing for me!

3 Likes

Wow! Thanks. I read all the Batman comics I could get my hands on as a kid but never anything else really. It’s been awesome finding out stuff I never knew. I kniw a lot about Batman and it’s hard to pull one over on me there. Right now I’m finding out about Raven’s adventures. She actually comes across He-Man in the one I’m reading now.