What's Your Favorite Batmobile?

Having actually seen the '89 Batmobile in person denitely gave me a greater appreciation for just HOW detailed it actually is…
But the winner will always be TAS, in my humble opinion

2 Likes

best Batmobile – one that features an integrated Batcycle

cleanest lines and most interesting design may belong to the yet to be fully revealed machine in Titans

1 Like

Tumbler. No question.

1 Like

@manifest there’s a much more revealing publicity shot of the Titans Batmobile, and I’ve got it handy if you want to see it

3 Likes

The injustice Batmobile is pretty cool with the four wheels in the front along with all the exhausted stick out from the hood.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what this batmobile is called or when it appeared.

Batmobile1943.jpg

4 Likes

@Batgogo That Batmobile is the first stylized version of the vehicle.

It’s generally notated as the " 40’s Batmobile" and isn’t attributed to any one designer (that I know of at least). The cover to Batman #20 is by Dick Sprang and the issue was released in November of 1943.

Barbara Ling, the production designer of Batman Forever (and Batman & Robin) has stated in various outlets that the Batmobile from Batman #20 was a direct inspiration for the design of the Batman Forever Batmobile.

4 Likes

@Batgogo i love the Injustice Batmobile! It looks like the one from Batman: the Return: http://www.batmobilehistory.com/2011-the-return-batmobile.php

But it also reminds me of the one from Batman: Child of Dreams: http://www.chickslovethecar.com/MiscChildOfDreams.aspx

1 Like

Batman forever or Arkham Knight

2 Likes

The Norm Breyfogle era modified lambrogini when Denny O’neil was writing Detectice comics, circa 1989. The Batman movie very much overshadowed how cool the comics were.

3 Likes

@Vroom thanks for the info I’ve always been curious about this version. It has always appealed to me for some reason.

4 Likes

@ biff Wow I can definitely see how the injustice batmobile drew inspiriation from both batmobiles. I mean I always thought it looked similar to the 89 batmobile, but now that you’ve mentioned it the, Batman: Child of Dreams batmobile looks way more similar.

4 Likes

Has anyone said the Batmobile from Batman and Robin?

You’d figure a model that can fly would rate higher. I thought it was an interesting idea. If anyone has a flying car, it’s Batman and his allies (specifically the Dick Grayson Batman and Damian Wayne Robin).

On the note of flying Batmobiles, do we have any fans of the Batman Beyond iteration?

2 Likes

yes, yes I do want to see it @biff

2 Likes
  1. 66 is still one of the things from that show that still holds up as something that looks amazing for it’s time.
2 Likes

@manifest kapow!

1 Like

Arkham Knight Batmobile!!!

1 Like

Big… Black… Tank!

batman-tumbler-batmobile-slice.jpg

1 Like

The Batmobile from Beware the Batman was the right amount of practical and sleek.

1 Like

right now this one’s really appealing

5 Likes