What's Your Favorite Batmobile?

There have been dozens of Batmobiles over the years, and as well there should be! With the evolution of vehicles, let alone the character himself, it was only fitting that we got an upgrade every once in a while.

From the first first 1936 Cord, to the 1966 Lincoln Futura and beyond, we want to know: Which Batmobile do YOU want to take spin in?
(Personally, we’re going to hop into the 1992 Batman: The Animated Series whip.)

8 Likes

The 66 Barris Batmobile is classic, and based on the same chassis as my first car. So that’s top of my list.

The second gen batmobile from the 2004 The Batman animated series. Is a close second.

4 Likes

I’ll go with the one from Batman: The Brave and the Bold that transforms into a robot.

3 Likes

There are two kinds of people in this world: People who think the best Batmobile is the '89 Burtonmobile, and people who are wrong.

5 Likes

No question, the Batman Forever Batmobile.

Having seen it in person, I like it more than ever.

4 Likes

My time to shine!

stretches

cracks knuckles

has a nervous breakdown

3 Likes

60’s and Tim Burton’s

2 Likes

The Speedwagon is the ultimate variation, it has like 4 or 5alternate vehichles it can turn/split off into. More than just the Tumbler or Keatonkobile just splitting into a cycle.

3 Likes

Burton’s batmobile is awful. It’s one in the worst items in the movie.

It has lousy aero dynamics. A turbine of that size at the nose is asinine. In order to produce thrust the air flow from that large an impeller would need a straight shot into the motor, which even in a front mount V16 configuration would be spotty at best and would be utter garbage in speed pickup coming out of a corner. It would steer like a drunk cow.

There are two types of people in this world, the ones that realize it’s an utter piece of fecal matter and those who are wrong.

1 Like

That’s why I love the Speedwagon, besides the 66’er, it’s the only Batmobile that makes sense from a technical and engineering standpoint.

The fact that it can turn into 4 or 5 different vehicles on command depending on sotuation and all changes are logically possible, is the most impressive feat from a DC design standpoint, especially since it actually applies in real world.

2 Likes

Guys he throws bat boomerangs at bank robbing clowns

4 Likes

Ok, so I’m split on this one. For all my criticism of the Batman ‘89 film’s poor characters, I really do think it nails the tone of Batman perfectly. A big part of that is the gothic design of Gotham, the Batcave, and the Batmobile. That being said, I think I’m going to have to go with the Tumbler from Nolan’s trilogy. It might not match the gothic tone of Batman as well as the ‘89 film did, but it is still very aesthetically pleasing AND totally functional. That car did basically all it’s own stunts. They actually filmed it going 100mph through tight tunnels, swerving between cars (which must have been a nightmare to film it going that fast). It also really did jump off of a ramp through a waterfall and into the Batcave. I mean, how do you beat that? It’s basically a functional batmobile. There’s some cool videos online that I’d recommend looking up where they show the Tumbler doing all these crazy things.

3 Likes

The ‘66 Barris Batmobile is a true work of art. Second place goes to the Tumbler and third to BTAS Batmobile.

4 Likes

1966 Batmobil the best.

3 Likes

The Bat from the Dark Knight rises. The batmobile from 1996. And the corvette-style car drawn by Neal Adams in the '70’s is the best one. It’s fast, functional, and doesn’t look like a target on the street.

5 Likes

Dark Knight batmobile

3 Likes

Batman 66 is a close runner up just because of the crazy gadgets

3 Likes

I like the Brave and Bold but the Tumbler probably the coolest.

2 Likes

This one is a no-brainer: The Batman '66 Batmobile.

2 Likes

Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed! The 66 is definitely my favr’t. Plus it’s the only one I’ve seen in person.

2 Likes