What's the best place to order comics online?

Hey everyone! I’m trying to switch over to buying comics online and I am struggling to find a good place to do so. I am trying to figure out where to get newer issues and back issues at. I am interested in creating a pull list for RH, Nightwing, and Young Justice with the ability to add other preview issues I may be interested in. I was considering Discount Comic Book Service and I have already placed 2 preview orders through them but they do not have any back issues. I also was looking at Midtown Comics but I won’t be ordering enough to hit the minimum requirement for their pull list. Finally I’ve checked out Things From Another World but I am struggling to figure out how to even do their pull list. If any of you have suggestions for online comic book shopping I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks!

1 Like

Comixology. Or, if you want just DC, the there’s a DCComics app operates seperately.

1 Like

I have yet to check out ComiXology as I figured they were digital only issues, do they also sell physical copies?

1 Like

Sorry-- no, I misread that.

2 Likes

I believe My Comic Shop does a pull list. It also has the advantage of having a plethora of back issues.

3 Likes

All good Misfit!

And thank you PrincessAmethyst! I have never heard of My Comic Shop but the website looks good!

1 Like

can confirm the selection and integrity of mycomicshop dot com

even for the least expensive shipping option they package your order as if it was a near-mint Action Comics #1

2 Likes

Discount Comic Book Service (dcbs.com) seems to have been heralded by many over the years. They advertised for a long time in DC’s books (maybe they still do in print) and the reviews I’ve read of them appear to be very positive.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! They do sell printed copies! I placed a preview order last month and a second one for this month with them. My only issue is that their shipping is fairly expensive for the amount of books I’m ordering ($7.50 flat shipping) but I may start ordering more to make it worth it.

1 Like

Vroom, it’s dcbservice.com

1 Like

Yep! I believe DCBS is the digital store, while the one you linked is for physical copies.

Midtown comics

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about using Midtown for some of the back issues I haven’t gotten yet, thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I’ve tried most of the big names and over the years I have settled on Things From Another World ( tfaw.com ). Their prices are very good and they have a good, reliable subscription service. And their customer service is second to none.

OTOH, if you’re looking for older comics, Mile High Comics out of Denver ( milehighcomics.com ) is the place to shop. Customer service is iffy so I wouldn’t suggest them for regular purchases but their depth of older comics is unmatched.

1 Like

I get all of my subscriptions through Atomic Empire. From what I’ve found (although I’ll admit I haven’t done much looking at many others) their site is easier to navigate than most. Any irregular purchases I get through Midtown.

1 Like

I’ve been a regular monthly customer of Discount Comic Book Service since 2013. I find their deep discounts, selection of pre-order items, and customer service to be outstanding. They can order anything in the Previews catalog for you, often between 20-50% off. I use them for all of my monthly pulls, trades and hardbacks, action figures and statues, and apparel. I highly recommend them. For back issues, I would also recommend My Comic Shop. They have very fair prices and a HUGE selection! dcbservice.com and mycomicshop.com Hope you find the perfect online shops for your needs!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions!

Georgetown Comics

https://gtowncomics.com/

Great selection. Super fast shipping.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, never heard of them before, I’ll definitely check them out!

I’m a big fan of mycomicsshop.com midtowncomics.com and dynamicforces.com. Mycomicsshop has an outstanding stock of silver, bronze, iron and even golden age comics. Prices are fair as well.

1 Like