What's New on DC Universe Infinite: May 2022

Captain Carrot is not lame.

Well seriously I am tired of one non-Milestone issue a week.

6 Likes

Thankfully one of my friends let me borrow a big book that included Joker’s millions.

2 Likes

I usually just collect important moments from my favorite character at my LCS. It’s a way for me to feel like I’m helping keep them in business while still not breaking the bank. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, no, Captain Carrot should be here for anyone who finds it’s glory. And every issue of the Flash since All-Flash #1-- but especially since The Flash #104.

5 Likes

Just a quick comment on this…

@FelixLeiter

…I may still buy some titles if I want to collect them or because I loved a cover but for reading purposes I’m waiting six months to read it all. This will hurt the excitement of events and will surely lead to spoilers well before I get to read a book but financially it’ll save me a fortune. $74.99 a year to read it all as opposed to that same $74.99 a year + the hundreds I was spending at my LCS is just no comparison.

Yeah, I’m willing to pay a bit more if DC Universe Infinite offered a tier where you could get to read the comics three months after the print release.

Marvel already does this but it doesn’t do me any good because there’s nothing at Marvel that I want to read; I’m a DC guy.

I believe Marvel’s service costs more, but they again also allow you to read their comics three months after the print release.

Maybe the new ownership at Warner Bros. might consider this… along with also allowing us to buy comics digitally from dccomics.com.

I currently buy all of my digital comics through Apple Books, and it would be nice to have all of DC (subscription service and purchases) in one place.

Anyway, in May for me…

HARDWARE: SEASON ONE #5
BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
ARKHAM CITY: THE ORDER OF THE WORLD #2
ROBIN & BATMAN #1
BATMAN: THE IMPOSTER #2
I AM BATMAN #3
PENNYWORTH #4
THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE #6
HARDWARE: SEASON ONE #6

And I guess DETECTIVE COMICS #1047, the start of the “Shadows of the Bat” storyline, will come out in June.

And then the new DETECTIVE COMICS team takes over in July with issue #1062, and I will be buying that as it comes out because I don’t want to wait six months because what they’re planning sounds kind of cool to me… :smiling_face:

4 Likes

A tier system that allowed you to get books three months after publication would be interesting for sure. Kind of like the way streaming services have one price for shows with advertisements and another price for shows without advertisements.

What pushed me over the edge was Dark Crisis. I’m REALLY looking forward to that event and want to read it all but to buy it all would cost a lot - and that’s why DC has events like this because it’ll sell a lot of comics. But I decided to just be patient and wait for them to arrive on here because the savings will be substantial. The cost of just what we know about now for Dark Crisis is essentially the cost of DCUI for a year!

• Dark Crisis (7 books)
  • Justice League Road to Dark Crisis (1 book)
  • Dark Crisis: Young Justice (6 books)
  • Dark Crisis Worlds Without a Justice League - Superman (1 book)

Those four titles would cost me $71.85 at the LCS and you know there will be more titles added so to collect just Dark Crisis and read it all, which is what I love to do with events like this - as the stack of ‘Dark Nights: Metal’ and ‘Dark Nights: Death Metal’ comics in the other room will attest to - so the final price of collecting just Dark Crisis books will be well over $100. That’s before I get into DC vs. Vampires, Task Force Z, Black Adam or any of the numerous other titles I want to collect and read. So while it’ll suck waiting six months it will save me so much money that I’m willing to be patient. But if I could pay a little more an only wait three months? Yeah, I’d be down for that.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m doing! Mostly because my LCS shut down, but hey! I’m still solely on DCUI, right

3 Likes

Monthly, DC Universe Infinite is cheaper.
Annually, Marvel Unlimited is cheaper.

3 Likes

Hardware & Mister Miracle for sure!

4 Likes

Welcome back to the community! Glad to hear you’re excited for those two… so am I :wink:

4 Likes

I would be willing to pony up more to get things sooner.

1 Like

Captain Carrot for me! Been waiting for this for some time. Following Scott Shaw! on social media.

4 Likes

@Moderators! Mayday, Mayday, Mayday! Since it’s now May ‘Day’ Which comics should I read first?! :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome back to the community @bigby65.78080! Captain Carrot is a good one for sure :slight_smile:

@Reaganfan78 Mayday indeed!! Personally, I’ll be jumping into DC vs Vampires :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sounds like something I could really sink my teeth in!

Ha get it?!

cricket noises

Tough crowd…

2 Likes

I get it! :rofl:

That’s a teeth slapper! Get it?! :vampire: :tooth: #justvampirethings

2 Likes

Wow that one took a bit to register in my head!

1 Like

:laughing: Going have to stay away from you. Just kidding. Great choice @LastSon0fMars. I’m definitely interested in Aquaman and Green Arrow team up. :grinning:

2 Likes

Ooh bet I’ll get a couple laughs from that! Ollie is a fun one

2 Likes

I’ve been asking the same thing. There’s Shadow Cabinet and Xombi for the Shadow War, then the Worlds Collide issue for the Worlds Collide crossover, and then I think there are some Long, Hot Summer crossover issues as well.

2 Likes