What's New 5/11: The Entire 1980's Animal Man Series by Grant Morrison & Jamie Delano!

Happy Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month! DC is celebrating the occasion
throughout May—including the new DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration anthology one-shot on sale now!

Combine that with brand new issues such as Strange Adventures: Director’s Cut and Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Batman: Hush; there’s a lot to sink your teeth (or eyes… :eyes: ) into this week!

FULL SERIES ADDED! :sparkles: :batparrot:

Animal Man (1988-1995) 1-89

DIGITAL FIRST SERIES

TITLE ISSUE DATE
Truth and Justice 5 5/12/21
Sensational Wonder Woman 5 5/13/21
Represent! 2 5/14/21

NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

15 Likes

Awesome™:+1:. More Tales of the DM

3 Likes

So… this weekend, we also got all 89 issues of the Vertigo Animal Man series? Are we gonna talk about that?

16 Likes

I’ve been digging Sensational Wonder Woman, so I’m In Like Flint for that, as well as Action #355 (my thanks to the digital team for more Action back issues :+1:t2:) and Hardware #11.

Extra special thanks for Animal Man, too! :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Well we will NOW! We’ve updated the above to reflect the triumphant return of Animal Man.

This is part of an ongoing effort to fill any holes we can in our library- this does not signify a promise or additions of other Vertigo titles at this time, but I’m very excited to see the restraints loosening a bit!

17 Likes

:partying_face:

7 Likes

Very happy, and surprised, to see the entire run of ‘Animal Man’ arrive on here in one fell swoop but I like it!

I’m going to check out that Director’s Cut of ‘Strange Adventures’ for sure. That’s been a very fun book to read and, as usual with Tom King, a slow burn and I’m curious how it all came together. I’m also fascinated by the creative process with comics so hoping to glean some insight while I revisit the start of this, well, strange adventure.

Beware, though…#WinterIsComing (only 28 days until ‘Endless Winter’ begins here on DC Universe Infinite).

7 Likes

YES! Been waiting for Morrison Animal run to be added since the very beginning!

5 Likes

I’m so excited that Animal Man is on here now! I’ve been wanting this title, like so many other Vertigo books. I never read it back in the day, a few issues here and there. My friend was an ardent supporter of the series. I always planed on going back but never did, so here’s my chance! Thanks DC!

4 Likes

:raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hopefully enough for us to soon see the DCSHG land here as well :hugs:

5 Likes

Okay-- trivia man-- what was original Animal Man penciller Chas Truog’s first published work?

4 Likes

Might crossing my fingers in the hopes of Transmet arriving :notes: “in the not too distant future” :notes: be a good idea?

Animal Man Fun Fact: Dr. Clayton Forrester, of TV’s MST3K, is an Animal Man fan. In one episode, he’s seen bagging issues of it, while in another he’s telling someone on the phone that “Yeah, I’ll be home. Bagging my Animal Man.”

Clayton has good taste in comics.

4 Likes

Well, Animal Man was his first DC work, but before that he worked on Steve Englehart’s Coyote for Epic Comics, Marvel’s sort of “Proto-Vertigo” imprint. And before that, he did some work in Charlton anthologies – most notably Charlton Bullseye #5, featuring “Warhund.”

5 Likes

Dang, you are good. Most people will go only as deep as Coyote.

(btw, I actually saw the original pages for Warhund. Charlton Bullseye did NOT do them justice.)

4 Likes

First off , the Animal Man add was a fantastic. Thank you!

Now for the what the heck portion. Sweet Tooth.

I received an e-mail from DCUI talking about “read Sweet Tooth to get ready for the Netflix show. Click here to get started” When you click it, it takes you to Sweet Tooth the Return…WHY??

This in no way gets you started or set up for the Netflix show. Where is the whole series for us to read? Same thing for American Vampire since AV1976 was added. Also, add Gaiman’s Sandman!!!

Really don’t understand why DCUI can’t get this service more in tune with what people want and how they read comics. Especially with the way the service sorts and searches for comics. When can we search and sort our comics by Publication Date!!!???

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE these shorts

2 Likes

VERY happy to see Animal Man on here! I read the Morrison issues when they came out (I hopped on board around issue 8 or so), but I lost track of them sometime after Delano took over. I’ll be very happy to read those for the first time!

2 Likes