What's New 10/5: The Spooks Begin

Happy Tuesday!

We’re slowly cranking things up ahead of Halloween and even bringing in some old classics such as Tales of Ghost Castle and The Witching Hour.

Let’s see what’s coming:

DIGITAL FIRST SERIES

NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

13 Likes

Was Harley Quinn: TEKBT #3 delayed?

It’s not in our library right now, and while the main DC page lists it for this week, eBay sellers are now showing an 11/9 release date for it.

4 Likes

Sorry for asking, can a comic book really scare you like when watching a horror movie? Just curious.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Issue 3 isn’t showing up for me either on DCUI.

DCUI subscribers are getting HQ: EBKT earlier than the physical edition and other digital stores.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, no. I noticed it was missing too and have reached out to the content team for an update. No promises on WHEN that will be, but I’ll get back to you ASAP.

3 Likes

Right, that’s why I was surprised it wasn’t in our library.

I know DC had several books adjusted on their schedule, but I couldn’t recall if HQ:TEBKT was one of them, or not.

3 Likes

For me, no. But some of the spookier books are thoroughly enjoyable and it’s nice to be immersed in a horror world without the actual scares sometimes. It’s like playing a Resident Evil game with the zombies turned off :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I don’t want to get OT, but Soul Pumber #1 is out today. You readin’, Hoss? I’m readin’.

4 Likes

You know it!

3 Likes

Sound good, Thankyou!:grinning:

2 Likes

That’s literally the only other new release for me this week, after the Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary one-shot.

I’m looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Hey by the way @Alec.Holland this is such a awesome looking cover!:grinning:

6 Likes

Not seeing legends of the dark knight #14. Am i missing something?

2 Likes

Yup, it comes out tomorrow :slight_smile: Check the date!

3 Likes

Well that explains it lol Thanks Alec!

3 Likes

Soul Plumber #1 is here! Check it out. Its not my usual taste but im intrigued.

5 Likes

I started reading the Tales from Ghost Castle some time back, so I’ll probably check Issue #3 out.

4 Likes

The last comic book that got to me was Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity, like maybe the first few issues but that is because they were mentioning real serial killers. Reality is what scares me in a comic book.

For the most part, I think @Alec.Holland was right. I think horror comics are a nice change of pace but not really nightmare inducing.

2 Likes

@Alec.Holland I just noticed on the mobile Android app this morning that when I select one of this week’s featured comics on the homepage, nothing loads after I’ve selected a book.

I tapped “Explore” on each of this week’s highlighted books, and all that came up was a notation of “0 Items”, with only the artwork and summary for each issue loading, but never the issues themselves.

Also, when I select Harley Quinn: The Eat, Bang, Kill Tour: #3, a notice of “Error loading collection.” comes up.

5 Likes

I’m gonna test this now Vroom and pass on to the dev team if I can replicate. Thanks for the heads up!

5 Likes