What's DC Universe Doing at NYCC, Anyway? HARLEY QUINN, BABY

With the Harley Quinn animated series and Birds of Prey on the horizon (not to mention Harley Quinn being named Villain of the Year), we’d be silly NOT to wield our mallets!

Here’s what’s up:

All across the Javitz center and beyond, you’ll have multiple opportunities to hang with Harlz, including a mix of fun activations, stunts and eye candy.

THE DC BOOTH

The DC booth :point_right:(#SC4001):point_left: opens on Thursday with the reveal of several never-before-seen Birds of Prey character costumes from the
film, including Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Huntress, Renee Montoya and Cassandra Cain. You can take part in photo opportunities, giveaways and cosplay meet-ups.

In addition, on Saturday and Sunday, the DC booth will transform into the ultimate Harley playground with a few…looks around “special” surprises. THEY’RE SURPRISES DON’T ASK ABOUT THEM.

“Whattabout DC Universe? You said there’d be DC Universe!”

DC UNIVERSE HOME BASE

Ah, yes. For special members like you, starting Friday, October 4 at the DC UNIVERSE Headquarters (#DCUHQ), we’ll be having a special Harley Quinn pop-u p art gallery at the :point_right:Hudson Yards Loft​:point_left:, with the
debut of “The Fantabulous Evolution of One Harley Quinn Gallery”, an immersive pop-up installation.

Just steps from the Javits Center, AND open to the public, Harley will reign from the original concept sketch for Batman: The Animated Series through the theatrical release of Birds of Prey cover art.

And the best part is, No Badge Required! This fun, interactive exhibit
will invite fans to experience the evolution of DC’s most delightfully deranged Super-Villain. From her first comic book appearance to her upcoming animated series and her next big-screen adventure, get a sneak peek at all things Harley Quinn including special edition cover art, original and exclusive art from the new animated series as well as model sheets, sketches, collectibles, props, costumes and more. The exhibit will feature art by Amanda Conner, Jim Lee and Bruce Timm, among others. Did you hear what we said? No badges, tickets or reservations required! But DO make sure to have your DC Universe QR code teed up (found in the MyDC section of the app), because there might be a little somethin’ somethin’ in it for members.

SNEAK PEEK

You will also get a chance to catch an early look at the Harley Quinn animated series on :point_right:Sunday, October 6th, at The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden at 1:05 pm. :point_left:(We don’t know why 1:05 pm, just go with it.)
For this one, you will need an NYCC badge.

NYCC PANEL

And if you DO have a badge, you’ll also be able to catch a Harley panel, hosted by Damian Holbrook, and featuring writers and artists working on Breaking Glass, the monthly series (you know, written by Sam Humphries?), Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity, Harley Quinn: Villain of the Year, and Birds of Prey. This will all go down :point_right:Saturday, October 5th from 5:15-6:15 (Room 1A21).:point_left:

Be sure to keep your eye on our News section as we update our calendar of events at the DC Universe Hudson Yard off-site- there are things, and they are happening.

Go cancel that weekly dinner at Aunt Mabel’s and come hang with us at Hudson Yard, NYCC '19 only!

21 Likes

With apologies to Bart Simpson…

I says to Mabels, I says…something else comes to mind I’ll finish this later.

That sounds like ALOT of fun. I bet Harley will enjoy being done in The Big Apple. opens a Li’l Debbie snack

So anyway, I says to Mabel, I says…

5 Likes

Neat! I am going badgeless, so I won’t be able to attend the screening. But one thing you will be able to find the whole time at the DCUHQ is ME!

2 Likes

When will you post the DCUHQ schedule of events…?

2 Likes

Is there anything on Thursday?

Never mind, I skimmed and missed how you mentioned Thursday.

Sorry

Super pumped!!! Always love seeing the costumes you guys bring!! And can’t wait for the exhibit!! (Since I also looooove retrospectives :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2 Likes

sigh Oh, how I wish there were large geek culture events of any kind out here in the Midwest.

2 Likes

With respect to the thread’s title: smile when you say that.

Love the Harley Quinn stuff, but hope we can get some announcements about the rest of DCU at NYCC. Most specifically I am really hoping we will get word on at least one new show coming to DC Universe in the future.

3 Likes

Any updates on the schedule for the DCU offsite?

4 Likes

Hey

1 Like

For member only content, are we allowed to bring a guest?

2 Likes

Thank you for the pop-up gallery. It’s fantastic!

1 Like

I was disappointed with the event. I didn’t know how small the venue was going to be. It looked like someone’s apartment and I felt like I was intruding. I also was put off that the focus was only on Harley Quinn and nothing about the other shows. I really wanted to meet actors from the shows as well.