What's Bane's real name?

Does anybody know what Bane’s real name is? I haven’t read it in any of the comics and the DCU Index says nothing.

4 Likes

That’s a question for The Question!! I’m not sure what his real name is, but he is the biological son of Sir Edmund Dorrance, AKA The King Snake, one of the most deadly men alive, I know that for certain🍀

6 Likes

In the movie Batman & Robin, it’s given as Antonio Diego. On the TV series Gotham, it was Eduardo Dorrance. No name is ever given in the comics.

5 Likes

Kevin Smith thought the B&R name was correct

2 Likes

Jason Woodrue in Batman & Robin: “Antonio Diego!”

the future Bane spits in Woodrue’s face

Woodrue: “And what a charmer he is!”

3 Likes

My headcanon is that he just doesn’t have one.

4 Likes

Tom Hardy, of course

6 Likes

Thanks for the info. That cleared a lot up.

1 Like

There are some who call him… Tim

6 Likes

He has no name in the comics. Given that he was born and raised in prison, it’s entirely possible he never had one, or that “Bane” is his name.

3 Likes

It’s also possible that his name is Francis

10 Likes

@RDB Bane has a shrubbery and a swallow.

3 Likes

Since Darkseid can see all the multiverse through time and space. He has naturally acquired this information. The answer to the question of Bane’s actual given name is…Melvin Lipshitz. This completely explains why he goes by Bane instead.

5 Likes

First name -Gotham’s
Last Name- Reckoning

4 Likes

@Vroom: An African swallow, or a European swallow?

2 Likes

Beyonce

2 Likes

@SuperBatDanLantern Dutch! It came from right outside Lego headquarters.

1 Like

Banethony

1 Like

I don’t know if he even has a real name. I mean, as a child wasn’t he sent to prison to serve his father’s sentence?
So I’d say it’s within the realm of possibility that he just has no name, or maybe doesn’t know what it is because he was locked up and his dad dead.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s Antonio

1 Like