What Would You Want DC’s Next Animated Theatrical Film to Be?

Agreed, can’t believe I didn’t think of that.

1 Like

I’ve always liked the portrayal of Green Arrow in the animated shows so I’d love to see a movie, maybe a longbow hunters adaptation?

3 Likes

Knightfall. we have seen superman get killed in two movies However the breaking of the bat…that truly deserves a theatrical release.

9 Likes

I would love to see animated variations for series,
-Harleen
-Heroes in crisis
-Gotham city sirens
-Kingdome come
-New gods
-Batgirl year one

3 Likes

Technically, They just had a teen titans theatrical. Also has two Titan animated movies in the past 4 years and a Serial. So, in the spirit of cross cultural communication and appreciation I would like to see an official Outsiders Movie! It would support both Young Justice and Titans getting more coverage as future Justice Leaguer’s, as well as open character development plot lines for some of our beloved characters of recent years!

2 Likes

Echo Future Gods and Legion of Justice spin offs!!!

1 Like

I would love a Justice League International movie or just a buddy cop style flick of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

6 Likes

There’s is so much more to explore in the last knight on earth. I would love to see those ideas expanded on.

3 Likes

I think an animated film about Cassandra Cain (the pre-2015 version) would be stellar, only if directed by Genndy Tartakovsky and written by Kelly Puckett.

7 Likes

What’s everyones thoughts on a live action Green Arrow film? What about Green Arrow & Black Canary?

3 Likes

Oh, they could turn this into an epic trilogy with the right treatment. Green Lantern images

Green Lantern DuckDudgers

4 Likes

How about “Hard Traveling Heroes” storyline?GLGAclassic

4 Likes

I’d also love to see a modern spin on Alan Scott. Keep his story starting the same, at the same time, etc, just see what modern animators can do with him from start to JSA, WW2.

5 Likes

I’ll take any chance to say we should get a Blue Beetle movie

5 Likes

The Flash: Chain Lightning would make for an excellent animated movie. And it could lead into the Dark Flash saga like in the comics.

Admittedly I’m biased because these are the two stories I got into when I picked up The Flash in High School. These were Mark Waid’s final two arcs as writer and he went out on such a high note. It also helps the art was very animated which always made me want an animated movie of either based on that style.

1 Like

As long as we get to see the romance and doomed marriage between Alan Scott and Rose Canton that led to Jade and Obsidian being born, I would be happy.
It could possibly be a back-door pilot for a Jade series.

4 Likes

You couldn’t tell the story without Rose (and Thorn), and Molly Mayne (Harlequin). You need to show real character development.
Anatomy

1 Like

My first idea is “The Hawks” about Carter Hall, an archeologist, historian and secret super hero, Hawkman, seeking out a threat to the world he has been having nightmares about and along the way discovering Kendra Saunders, the reincarnation of his lost love. She also has been having apocalyptic nightmares. With his aide she becomes Hawkgirl.
My second idea is Hippolyta receiving a sign from the Gods to go to NYC and gather a team of heroes to save the world in the 1940s. She meets Wildcat (Ted Grant) Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Flash (Jay Garrick) and Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson) and together they stop a Nazi backed cult from opening a portal to allow the Old Ones to reclaim the Earth.
Idea number 3 is about Orphan (Cassandra Caine) and Spoiler (Stephanie Brown) on what they first think is an ordinary case, but which leads them into the darkest and most corrupt parts of Gotham City where they have to stop a human traffiking and slex slave ring.
Failing that I would not mind a sequel to the Fatal Five with the same Justice League members battling bad guys. Or a sequel to Batman: Bad Blood. I know this was part of the Flashpoint series, but it was really good.

2 Likes

I have been saying for years that Marvel leads in live action films and shows but that DC leaves Marvel in the dust in animation.

2 Likes

This is a collaborative team-building exercise where everyone passionate about Alan Scott can contribute aspects or people in his life that have defined him as the Golden Age Green Lantern.

4 Likes