What was the first movie that got you into DC?

Batman/Superman World’s Finest

2 Likes

The Dark Knight Rises was the first DC movie I remember watching and being interested in the mythos of Batman. When the Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox was on Netflix I watched it and got into DC. It opened the door to the animated movie universe and then all DC.

3 Likes

For me, it was not a movie or a comic book. It was a picture and a relationship I had… my first love. The picture was of Batgirl and Robin that I had posted on Facebook. He had a crush on me and was a big fan of Robin and DC comics in general. So this was me signaling out to him to talk cause I was too shy to initiate. We lasted for a good nine months, but my passion for DC only grew even more after we ended and ever since then I’ve been totally wacky for babsy <3

3 Likes

My first DC movie was the one and only Superman 78! I also remember watching reruns of Batman 66 :batman_hv_5:

2 Likes

I always loved superheroes and movies. I started collecting comics after a YouTube series convinced me to give it a try, but before that I was binging all of the DCAU movies after watching Batman: Under the Red Hood and Justice League: Doom on Netflix.

2 Likes

The first DC movie that I can remember watching was Batman '89. I was too young to fully appreciate Tim Burton, but I remember the smile of the Joker creeping me out. Still one of my favorite movies to this day.

3 Likes

Reeves Superman. I had to edit b/c it was the 1st one I saw non-theater. My pops sat me down to watch it on tv. Batman 89’ as far as I can think would’ve been my 1st DC movie in a theater.

1 Like

Batman_1989_theatrical_poster

‘Batman’ (1989).

Watched it when it opened in theaters and it’s captivating imagery and compelling performances just reached out and pulled me right into Batman’s world.

1 Like

Batman Return, I was like 5 to 7 years old, but I will never forget the pinguin, it was terrifying lol.

2 Likes

I was already into DC before Superman 1 came out. But that was the first semi-serious film that DC made. I was glad to see it had some comedy built in. It felt balanced.

I saw Batman 89 the night it opened. I do remember being a bit put off by the gothic tone just beating like a hammer. It was good but I remember thinking “ok Burton…I get it. It’s gothic. Great, can we move on with the story now please.”

2 Likes

I just remember the hype around Bats 89’. I swear everyone I knew all of a sudden loved Batman. Friends I knew that had no clue what a comic was were head to toe Batman hat, shirt, shorts. It was insane, especially b/c back then people didn’t dress up in Batman or DC gear to go see a movie. Star Wars people & Rocky Horror Picture Show were the dress up ones. If u wore a Batman mask everyone looked at u like u were crazy. Now I don’t see a DC film w/o a DC shirt & DC buttons pinned to my DC shirt.

2 Likes

BTAS, this was one of my favorites.

2 Likes

Bought it at con great guy but not the best spellchecker.

1 Like

Superman The Movie no doubt.

Wrote a little something about it for the movie club here:

And some more about here, as part of my story with Superman:

2 Likes

I remember that logo & I remember the day we got cable. It was a landmark moment from my childhood. I went from a tv with a uhf/vhf switch, maybe 5-10 channels & if the president was speaking that was the only thing on tv period. Going from that to multiple channels was such a leap in technology as a kid it was unbeatable. I remember the second it was installed, the 1st channel I went to was Disney & it was a Winnie the Pooh show where they were in mascot-like outfits. Plus it had a remote control :woman_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

I saw Burton/Schumacher movies first, but my first flick I saw theaters was Batman Begins. I can’t remember how I got into liking Batman, I was very young tho.

1 Like

This thread is a fun trip down memory lane, @Batfamily_4_Ever! I love seeing everyone’s stories about their first DC experiences. What is yours?

As a kid, I watched Batman ‘66 reruns with my Grandpa. One year on Halloween, my mom brought me to a kids party downtown where the adults dressed up and handed out candy. I remember spotting Batman and Joker across the room, both intrigued and a bit scared but that solidified my interest and love for The Caped Crusader. From there, it’s been everything Batman! :batman_hv_5:

2 Likes

For its Batman (1989) that pretty much started my whole love of the Batman characters and DC in general.

1 Like

Probably a Batman movie but I can’t remember I’ve been a dc fan my entire life

1 Like

Nice.
:+1: