What was the first movie that got you into DC?

While alot of people started their DC collection with comics. Some of us started our new found passion for DC in the movies.

If so, What was that movie?

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if I saw Superman: The Movie or Superman II first, but it was definitely one of those two.

5 Likes

Batman.

3 Likes

Batman '89. I watched Batman Forever on VHS all the time as a kid. Batman & Robin was the first I saw in theaters.

5 Likes

Not a movie. A tv show.

The Adventures of Superman with George Reeves.

It was the 1950s. There were no Super Hero movies yet.

4 Likes

Superman 1980 something

2 Likes

Batman '66. My uncle had it on VHS. Along with Batman & Robin. Even as a kid, I always felt like something was off about that one but I couldnā€™t put my finger on it until I was 12 that it was just bad.

5 Likes

Believe it or not, for me it was The Iron Giant.

2 Likes

It was more so just the entire Batman Beyond animated series. Return of the Joker was great but I was introduced to the TV show first.

7 Likes

Superman (1978)

7 Likes

I read a little of the comics first, but the first Batman live-action movies with Keaton and directed by Tim Burton, as well as Batman: The Animated Series is what really got me into DC

4 Likes

Superman 3 with Richard Pryor!

4 Likes

Tim Burtonā€™s Batman 89

6 Likes

To tell you the truth Iā€™ve been reading my older Brotherā€™s Comics since the 60ā€™s! But what really got my attention is the Titans Series! Iā€™ve watched eye episode of the Teen Titans cartoons now with my grandson (til they unnecessarily added the Bee girl) and out of curiosity I tuned into the Pilot and binged for three straight days. (Was in bed with an abscessed tooth anyhow)
Yes, big fan of the New Titansā€¦Now Iā€™m waiting to see WHO is gonna be there to catch Robin 2.0. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll kill him off. I half expected Dawn to swoop up but now a spoiler says someone in a Superman T-shirt is making his debut? Guess we will see in a couple days! This Gramma is not going anywhere.

3 Likes

Batman '89

2 Likes

I collected Batman through college in the 80s and the first Tim Burton Batman film changed my life. I had an old DC ad tacked to my wall - ā€œgritty, graphic, grown-upā€ it read, and I probably clipped it from a comic. That film exemplified that phrase. Looking back now, the movie appears tame, but back then, it was nothing short of perfect for me.

5 Likes

The first two Christopher Reeve movies on HBO back in the early ā€˜80s plus reruns of Adam Westā€™s Batman and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman television series.

5 Likes

If I have to choose a film, Batman '66 would be it. Superman '78 cemented my love of DC.

(But I didnā€™t see either of those movies until after I was already hooked by the Batman TV series and Super Friends.)

It was a combination of Superman 1978 and Batman 1989.

3 Likes

I remember the start of my comic fandom better than the cinematic stuff, but Iā€™m almost positive it was the first Christopher Reeveā€™s movie.

3 Likes