What Villain Team-ups Would You Like to See?

I’m a sucker for big stories where villains have joined forces, and the heroes have to find a way to overcome said villains combined might.
When the Sinestro Corps War kicked off with this moment:

When Infinite Crisis began with the Freedom Fighters staring down this tidal wave of evil:

Or anytime the Legion of Doom or the Flash’s Rogues Gallery assemble:

…I’m in. I don’t need any more info other than these villains have teamed up, and the heroes are going to have to do the same if they hope to overcome them and save the day.

So that got me thinking: are there any villain team ups that have never happened or that haven’t happened in awhile that you’d like to see?

3 Likes

Joker and Trickster team would be good. Also The Penguin with Darkseid.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Now I want to see Penguin standing on a ladder and holding an umbrella for Darkseid so that he doesn’t get rained on​:closed_umbrella:

3 Likes

Joker and Trickster teamed up in Justice League Action to kidnap Mark Hamill.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I honestly didn’t know that! Very clever!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Y’know what would be an interesting team-up? Gorilla Grodd and Mongul. I don’t think that’s ever happened, but they strike me as two characters with enough similarities that they could make it work.

2 Likes

It almost happened in Superman/Batman #3. Mongul was one of the villains Grodd was mind controlling in his attempt to capture Superman and Batman for Lex Luthor.

3 Likes

I want:

Starro

Despero

Gorilla Grodd

Maxwell Lord

Manchester Black
manchester_black_by_jj_was_here_d7nxzv2-fullview~2

Psimon

Dr Psycho

Ma’alefa’ak

The Top

If the worst telepaths in the world teamed up? Horrifying.

4 Likes

What about “Guy with no mind.”

3 Likes

Yeah, Bizarro can join too.

Bizarro

4 Likes

I remember that, but I was thinking of something closer to the conventional villain team-up. Like Mongul brings War-World to Gorilla City and stages a coup, and in exchange Grodd helps with mind-wiping the War-World prisoners so that they make for better fighters.

Not exactly an even trade, but the best I could think of off the top of my head :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How about this:
That issue ended with this scene:

And not long after that, this happened:

So Grodd escapes the Phantom Zone, and makes his way to War World. He fights in the tournaments, for fun, before requesting an audience with Mongul. From one future conqueror to another: Superman is a thorn in their collective side. Grodd offers Gorilla City cloak technology in exchange for an army to lead to Metropolis. War World will be within striking distance before anyone knows they’re there, and with the two tyrants working together, they can end the Superman dynasty forever.

3 Likes

Mr. Mind & Eobard Thawne

4 Likes