What "Swamp Thing" was reportedly building towards

There is a new report that claims that the DC Universe Original “Swamp Thing” was considering a 3 season long arc, with some crew members even believing it could have lasted longer. This could have seen characters from the show getting their own spinoffs, with a “Justice League Dark” spinoff series even being a possibility. It is unclear which characters would have been introduced to “Swamp Thing”, which ones could have gotten their own shows, or which characters would fill the roster for a potential “Justice League Dark” show.

The Mods have stated that this information is false and will more than likely be deleting this thread.

1 Like

They seem to do that a fair bit

^ Deleting threads? They should be because the last thing this community needs is to cluttered by “fake news”.

1 Like

I will say that this time the source is reputable (Business Insider), has actual quotes that while anonymous indicate level of insider knowledge, presents these quotes as what the source thought not as an absolute fact. Whether ultimately correct or not this is how journalism is supposed to work.

1 Like

This was the best case scenario for the show but it’s just rumors and more rumors and speculation’s means nothing That is of course unlessI hear it from the horse mouth and only then I will believe it

I can confirm as stated before that this information is only rumors. There is no truth behind this.

“I will say that this time the source is reputable (Business Insider), has actual quotes that while anonymous indicate level of insider knowledge, presents these quotes as what the source thought not as an absolute fact. Whether ultimately correct or not this is how journalism is supposed to work.”

The general credibility of the organization spreading information doesn’t matter if the information they’re spreading is false.

Each of the five-most credible entertainment news sources - The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline Hollywood, Entertainment Weekly, and TVLine - “got it wrong” when they were talking about how Swamp Thing was cancelled because of a North Carolina accounting error and had to retract their reporting when that information was proven to be inaccurate.

Just have to wait and see if the story has wings I Think that’s the correct phrase

1 Like

Digific I don’t disagree, reputable sources get things wrong too. But, I think a reading of the BI article makes it clear that this was the thoughts of the sources from their perspective.

1 Like

^ Again, false information is false regardless of the reputation or certainty of those reporting it.

Business Insider’s sources could be as trustworthy as it gets, but if the information those sources are relaying isn’t true, then it isn’t true.

There are always “hopes and dreams” in Hollywood. I wouldn’t be surprised if 3 season ST and JL Dark spin-off was the dream. But it turns out it was exactly that. A dream. Happens in this business all the time.